ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

woah...! plastic airbox thingy!

hiya guys,

I was nosin round the engine bay of my 1.4 16v 2003 clio this afternoon and I decided to take a look at the airfilter just so I knew wot it looked like (for induction kit buyin purposes :) ) and I tried to find a way of removin the lid on the box with the white sticker on top of it....turns out the filter aint in there its further back behind the engine so I thought to myself must be a sort of resonator box to slience inductio noise...! and f**k does it silence it!!!!!!! took the box off slighty an went for a run! jesus christ its like havin a cossie turbo motor suckin air under there (but it doesnt go like one :( ) lol....induction noise is great and I didnt even have to buy anythin!

1.4 16v owners give it a try!

lol rant over,

David

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
No you wont damage the engine as long as the filter is still in place, the only thing you will notice is a sudden drop in the MPG,

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
No you wont damage the engine as long as the filter is still in place, the only thing you will notice is a sudden drop in the MPG,

Mainly due to the fact that your givin it full throttle cause of the noise, other than that it makes feck all difference on a smaller engined car.

Just don't remove the pipe on the diesels, they sound TOSS lol and strangely only when off the throttle :S

Clio 1.4 16V Dynamique

Mainly due to the fact that your givin it full throttle cause of the noise, other than that it makes feck all difference on a smaller engined car.

Just don't remove the pipe on the diesels, they sound TOSS lol and strangely only when off the throttle :S

TRUE cus the i find the harder u press the louder the noise

1.4 16 Valve 2001 Clio
Yeh, i have a 1.4 16V, I boughy a green cotton induction kit, was actually for my model of car a 1.4 16V clio, the instructions tho, told me to replace the filter with a Gauze, keep the airbox bit and put new air filter on the end of air box, i was like wtf, hows this gonna do anything. It says its the way to do it, but i havent notice f**k all noise differnce, altho i do have exhaust, so might be dimmin out noise. ill try what u guys are doin tho. Ktec has beaut ones, but im bloody skint these days

1.4 16 Valve 2001 Clio
also, by takin the box off. is that not gonna make it suck loads of heat in, instead of cold air, cause its right behind engine, instead of down by grill

Suzuki Ignis Sport
If u want to hear an impressive and loud Clio with JUST and induction kit an standard exhaust, jump in my car.

TeZ

Non RS : (
lol Haz havent you got a cheap open Induction? sapping all 2 BHP off your engine

1.4 16 Valve 2001 Clio
lol. So should i actually go home and tryy this.
Cause i know for fact my setup is wrong even tho instructions said to do it the way i did for a 1.4 model. If u look at my motor pics on one of my thrreads ull see what im on bout. I need like steel pipe or some samco or sumthing, but im skint at mo, so what can i do for a good oul grunt, cause the setup doin fak all

04 Clio 1.6 16vDynamique+
Hey there,

I have had a good look around for threads on how to replace the air filter in an 04 reg Clio 1.6 16v but can't find any. This makes me feel slightly more stupid than before.

Can anyone give me advice on how to replace my air filter please?

Under the bonnet I have located the air intake hose that goes through that box with the label on top that Davidol mentioned. The hose then goes into another box further back behind the engine. This looks pretty set in place with various star shaped screws.

1.4 16 Valve 2001 Clio
yeh, i have a tool set that has the fittings for the bit behind engine tho, basically just take them out, carefull not to drop the screws, ul open it to find (im pretty sure it will be same as 1.4) the filter, in a weird square shape. I replace myn with a "gauze" that came with my induction kit, then screwed box back on

04 Clio 1.6 16vDynamique+
Thanks for the reply but I found it.
I needed a tork screw driver, that did the job fine, replaced it with a hand made ITG filter. Works a treat, raunchier sound and subtle but good change to response, especially through the powerband.