ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wolfs body wrap

Cup In bits
As above, who has used it?

Im new to most of this so looking for a bit of feedback on it and its uses.

I used it after a full decon and compound (2coats) Was I right using it as a final step and should I have then covered that in wax?

I am quite pleased with the finish and beading but how long is this likely to last by itself? Its the easiest wipe on wipe off I.e wax sort of product I have used, comes off trims nicely too.

Inferno 225 cup
Wolfs body wrap is a great little sealant that not many people like.

I've used it a fair few time and really like the results and its such an ease to Apply.

Best to use an ipa wipe down before applying so it bonds with the paintwork properly, I use isopropanol Wipes but can use a spray bottle with undiluted isopropanol, spray and then quickly wipe off.

And yes you can layer on top, not the other way round ;)

This was a result of wolfs ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365104858.256177.jpg

Cup In bits
Phew, thought I had wasted my time by not using a wax on top.

IPA?

Is that just purely body wrap or have you machined that before applying?

I got good results considering what I started with.

P1000741_zps9de75cf1.jpg

1F920D51-22CC-4E1F-9822-F0FFEC9B3EF8-6779-0000063E900EA1F0_zpsc31d8e74.jpg

Cup In bits
Don't bother using wax on top as it takes away all the body wraps properties.

My friend who lent me the Wolfs did say to watch what waxes you put on top. He hadn't used it yet so I was a guinea pig.

Machine polished before hand mate then sealed with body wrap.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/reagent-isopropyl-alcohol-ipa.html

Ah ok, an alchahol wipe sort of thing.

Polished bliss is my most local detailing shop, is it quite a popular place? They know their onions when you go in, they blow your mind with info tbh.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Body wrap is very underrated I think, I got brilliant results from it on my car and it was still going strong eight months on until I got bored and machine polished it so I could apply waxes instead. As already said an IPA wipe down (or two) is needed to ensure a correct bond.

Take a look at nano bathe shampoo and the QD made by wolfs, not cheap but there brilliant products and will ensur the longevity of body wrap.

polished bliss are fantastic, they provide a brilliant service with the knowledge to back their advice up however I'm sure you now that if its your local!

Cup In bits
Body wrap is very underrated I think, I got brilliant results from it on my car and it was still going strong eight months on until I got bored and machine polished it so I could apply waxes instead. As already said an IPA wipe down (or two) is needed to ensure a correct bond.

Take a look at nano bathe shampoo and the QD made by wolfs, not cheap but there brilliant products and will ensur the longevity of body wrap.

polished bliss are fantastic, they provide a brilliant service with the knowledge to back their advice up however I'm sure you now that if its your local!

I'll have to look into a 'softer' snow foam as I have been told my current one strips waxes etc. You will laugh probably as im sure theres better out there but I have been using Demonshine spray as a QD to aid drying, I have had good results considering it was 2 tubs for £5 a while back. Good for using while claying too.

Next time I will use an IPA but I hope I get a good mileage from the way I applied it.

Im new to this detailing although I have been to PB a few times with mates, good to know I have a good store close by. Quite expensive I think though?

What trim shine/restorer would you recomend that leaves non greasy marks on the paint, I am using Megs ultimate protectant and have used aerospace in the past but both leave hard to remove marks on freshly treated paintwork.

Polished Bliss have decent prices.
And I love them because they do free delivery. I always try and order through them if I can. Though as you're local this isn't so much of a factor for you.