ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Women + Reversing + No Concentration = :(

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
Know how you feel, simmilar situation I had a while back. Woman + reversing + no concentration = f**ked car :(

dsc00982k.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i
Gutted for you mate. As said, be a picky fu*ker when it comes to accepting it back!

Mental 172 Cup
Imo is it worth doing that little dent and gambling the colour being wrong?

If you want the other side doing for juts the dent and painting either side of the door then ££££'s!

It really bugs me though :( all because some Cnut threw a bottle at it! :( it was perfect before that!

They just rang me and it's booked in for Wednesday it's going to Renault S J Cook and sons accident repair centre so I will have a word and see what they are going to do!

Roll on the pictures of my hire car lmao! :)

S23

The Cleee-O
This sucks :(. Hope it all get sorted out properly though mate. And do be picky! I was when they did mine and it paid out. Can't wait to see it back looking glorious again :)

Mental 172 Cup
Yeh I will do :) the company I'm dealing with say the strip down and check the car for any bits that may have also been damaged when it got hit!

I will inform the garage that the whole side will need doing!

Will the skirt also be sprayed in with the rest as mine has got a little scratch on it ever since I've owned it that has bugged me! Would be nice to get that done! :)

thanks for all your support! :) I will keep you updated as and when I hear anything! :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Tell them the skirt was marked in the accident, it's inline with the damage really so it will be done.

Don't forget you are the 2rd party here and the car will have to be mint.

Mental 172 Cup
It's to low and the skirt above it wasent marked! I'll get them to sort it out! :) yes the car will be mint before I touch the keys! :)

LY 182
On the subject of LY, what would you guys think about a bumper that's got a fair amount of stone chips? Due to the colour is it best to get a pro to touch them up, or full respray?

(Interesting to hear the difficulties of LY).

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just get it resprayed, you won't notice any difference in colour unless it's really bad.

Plastic to metal will always be slightly different to the pro eye tho. So platic wings are perfect!

Porsche Boxster987S
sore one mate , itl definitly need a full respray down the side of the car:dapprove: I nearly cried when mine got hit with a rock:(

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Ah Man :( that sucks Stupid Woman!, someone opened there door into my door and dented it and im 90% sure it was a woman!

hope you sort it soon man :) sweet car love the colour :)

Mental 172 Cup
gutting, surely the urge to floor her was there.

Haha!! I put her in her place! Her husband stepped out the car aswell!!

It's all booked in for tomorrow and there will be a hire car waiting for me when I get there so we will see what I get tomorrow!! :)

Mental 172 Cup
Update

I took the car down yesterday! Spoke to the bloke who authorises all the repairs! He said it will have a new door, bump strip, wing mirror cover, window reg sorted! Full O/S respray and N/S/F wheel refurbed. Will go over it with a fine tooth pick to make sure it's perfect! So will await the call :)

On another note here is my hire car ;)
3cb6630d.gif

Thanks

Subaru 330s
Ouch! Gutted for you!
I remember seeing that car up for sale when I was looking around for mine about 2 years ago now!

And as if you got that as your courtesy car! I got a bloody fiat bravo 2ltr turbo diesel, fail!

Subaru 330s
Yes the clio, I remember the plate on it. I bought mine in June/July 2008 so would have been just before then, I think it was up for quite a high price, I nearly went to view it as well, but decided I defo wanted RB even though I do love LY!!

R27, JCW GP, M4, M2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZbQ_KOGBcQ

http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/roadhawk-rh1-drive-camera.htm

Small, doesn't look like a camera = Ownage

Or go full on nuts

http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/roadhawk-rh2-twin-camera.htmlhttp://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/roadhawk-rh2-twin-camera.html

My only concern would be incriminating yourself, however the next time some bloke in his mid 40’s driving a Mondeo with 8 kids in the back gets the hump and trys to race you at least when he crashes into your pride and joy he’s left out to hang.

Last edited:
  Mental 172 Cup
Yeh it was high priced when I enquired about it and got them to drop nearly 1.5k ;)

Will don't push your luck :p