ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wonder Wheels products cheap at Halfords (some stuff £1)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry guys. My missus told me about it earlier so I posted up once I found out. Luckily we have a store nearby and we went in but she said it'd gone mental. Probably best going into store.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Don't apologise, thanks for the heads up! Got a few bits reserved, Polish and sealant etc.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Not the best stuff but at £1 it shall do!

7d2a757b1f4d3e0a74b049e2046437f4.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
aww snap. nothing online or for collection even remotely near 😧

Nearest store - Peckham

mk1 Octavia VRS
I tried reserving at two stores yesterday - both showed in stock online but then I got a phone call saying they were out of stock.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
They just phoned me :(

No Fabric Sealant left. But the rest is ok albeit in lower quantities.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
They wouldnt make it if it damaged your paint dude.

Well they would, But i doubt that Halfords would have stocked it for years if it did

2014 Clio 200t edc
Thanks @Dr Jekyll , managed to pick up 2 wheel cleaners and 2 paint sealants. Not sure why I got the sealants as I don't know what they do but assume it's wash, clay, Polish then sealant? Worth a try anyway. I'm no detailer so anything is better than nothing and for £4 it's worth it.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Thanks @Dr Jekyll , managed to pick up 2 wheel cleaners and 2 paint sealants. Not sure why I got the sealants as I don't know what they do but assume it's wash, clay, Polish then sealant? Worth a try anyway. I'm no detailer so anything is better than nothing and for £4 it's worth it.
Wash, clay, polish, sealant is correct.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Thank you, i have no idea when it comes to detailing. My old method was a sponge and whatever I had to hand for suds! Lol
At least I now use a microfibre mitt and decent wash.

Repost.

They were also knocking out some Simoniz and T-Cut branded stuff.

Only AG products reduced was wheel sealent in a can reduced from £6.99 to £3 which I was happy with.

From what I've read it's mostly s**t.

So while it maybe only £1, they're still wasting £1 each time xD.

For us 'once a quarter, one bucket washers' I'd imagine most of it will do just fine.

I've got white alloys and if the wheel sealer stuff makes it even slightly easier to wash each time, then brilliant. I've a couple of white cars so I picked up some Turtle Wax white wax in a spray bottle. I won't be putting a toolstation double 500w tripod against the paint with a blue masking tape line to check for reflection differences before and after, but if it gives a slight shine for that afternoon before I drive through puddles the next - happy days.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
No worries guys. Probably swearing at the detainling guys but for people that just want a clean car on the cheap (DIY rather than the polish special wash) it'll be alright :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
Well the wheel cleaner isn't half bad really. Got the muck off well and doesn't take much work. Obviously it's not perfect but it's good enough. Brought my turinis up nice.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Managed to get this. Apparently people were in buying 30 bottles of each product this morning! £6 tho, not bad. Cheers!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    741.1 KB · Views: 77