ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wonky's Not so Wonky blue oval

Megane 225 F1
Anyway, the reason I came in here.

Nice car Chris. as said, stripes are lame ;) you'll have to take me out in it when i come to the next SC meet :)

Looks nice Chris.

I like the wheels tbh but the stripes are not so great.

I must admit I did prefer your Clio but as long as you like it who cares what others think. You wanted a St so you bought one. That's all that matters.

Can't wait to see the project thread for it :)

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
nice car, ive always liked the fiesta st's.

my mate got one a couple of weeks ago and it kind of put me off them, feels really strangled when you "boot" it - they do handle very well though.

I still think the little clios are miles better than them but all the best with it.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at some cry babies in here.

I gave an opinion that I thought it currenty looked chavvy, and then the local CS retards jumped down my throat. If you read back I also said if the black wasn't there it could look really good.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
OK fair enough, lets put it all to bed. Thanks to Rob for sorting it all out.

Come back in a couple of weeks time once iv taken off the black crap and scouted out some cossie alloys ;)

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
First of all, i'd like to say that the clio IS a better car, but...

The Fiesta is built better, respnds to mods better, has better steering, a much better gearbox and i don't know this as a fact, but i'm willing to bet it doesn't cost £1,000,000 to do a cambelt.

Good choice, good colour and look forward to seeing it all silver and looking fresh. :)

Never above 25mpg
I love the Stripes! Lexus lights next ;) ?

Looks in really good condition that! Cossie alloys not too old for it in style terms?

RB 182
I like it. Will look immense with some cosworth alloys on it! Bet they will set you back a bit though! Is an upgrade IMO. Maybe not as quick or handle as well (but from what I've read they sound pretty good!) but it's newer and probably better built. Think that's the first one I've ever seen in silver.

RS6 C7
So epic :
bazsst.jpg

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Same as the Mondeo Pete.

As said its on a chain. Engines from what I gather are rock solid, a few on some of the other forums are running supercharges on stock internals. The ECU is the crazy thing about them it maps itself :S The cosworth cams available for them recommends fitting the cams then drive it about a bit and it should 'Learn' the cams on to the ECU. Witchcraft I tell ye

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Would be nice. I really like them tbh. A guy at work has one in blue and I've been out in it and it seems better built than the Clio. I love the standard wheels so just some lows and they look great. Heard one recently with a different exhaust (not sure what one) and talk about rasp and pop! :)

Clio 200 cup
I like this a lot Chris! Lightyears above the clio visually, a friend of mine has one and with my 182 there's not much in it performance wise when both in standard form, as said above lowerd on those cossie wheels will look bob on!

Astra Twintop
Cossie Wheels command a HUGE premium!

However, they do look absolutely amazing.

I'm not sure if the Mondeo 16" wheels will fit over the ST brakes tho.............

172 cup
Mondeo wheels look complete gash.

Cosworth wheels are awesome!

Spot on here!

Smaller cars like mk5 fiestas get away with mondeo wheels, the ST with its bigger arches needs the cossie's. They are 8j if I remember right and take a fair bit of work to look and work right- but are definately worth it.

Lose the stripes is a definate though.

Have you considered any other wheels? 5spoke comps look sweet, as do team dynamic pro race 3s.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I hate the dash in these, look smart on the outside though and the box is cracking. Nice purchase tbh.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Great purchase mate. Imo comparing it to the Clio is wrong, they are aimed at different markets as most of the sensible people know.

People forget 150bhp out a 2.0 litre car can be done sleeping. It was down for a reason.

Anyway mate instead of covering old ground the gearbox is immense. I fell in live with it after the first drive in the ST as is the steering. Still weighty with a modern edge. Briliant.

The 17's are okay but I can just imagine how well it drives on 16's plus those factory option eibachs.

Breathing wise is the first pirt of call. Decat plus a stystem is the way to go plus you filter. It'll feel responsive straight away. The oe airbox is super restrictive. Mpg will also be helped when pootling about.

Get the stripes off is a great start though, they only work in FW with the blue stripes and even then I prefer no stripes.

Keep the thread updated and if you need any advice on them PM me. Smitchell on here know's even more than I do about them mate.

Lol at people who drive a Clio judging a Fiesta as being a bit Toby.

Also double lol at 'my Clio has a smooth gearbox'. The only way anyone could think that Renault gearboxes aren't completely s**t, is if they'd never driven another car. The gearbox in the Clio is terrible. It truly has no good features at all. Even the placement of the shifter is awful. You can't even reach it if you're tall and have the chair right back.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Mountune package and they become a weapon. Look's tidy though (minus the stripes), got a real love for silver cars at the moment. Apparently they handle quite well, to me though they just look too tall for how narrow they appear. Like corsa c's and punto's etc.

Do like the look of them though.

Even the placement of the shifter is awful. You can't even reach it if you're tall and have the chair right back.

I have this problem. Instead I have to sit nearly all the way back, bolt upright with the steering wheel almost flat...awful driving position.

120d M Sport
Lol at people who drive a Clio judging a Fiesta as being a bit Toby.

Also double lol at 'my Clio has a smooth gearbox'. The only way anyone could think that Renault gearboxes aren't completely s**t, is if they'd never driven another car. The gearbox in the Clio is terrible. It truly has no good features at all. Even the placement of the shifter is awful. You can't even reach it if you're tall and have the chair right back.

Cold hard truth.

Nice purchase, ST is a great package. Mods wise I'd suggest an exhaust, an aftermarket flexi-pipe and an induction kit of some sort (Mountune CAIS if you're feeling flush) - that'll open it up nicely and take you up to about 160bhp by most accounts.