ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wont start when cold

2004 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Hi,
I seem to have a re-occuring problem. When i leave my car overnight then try and start it in the morning it runs like a bag of s**t and unless i keep my foot on the acclerator it will cut out. It totaly fine once its warmed up. Ive recently chanaged temp sensor, coils, spark plugs etc. Its only when its quite cold in the morning. Its like sarting and older car which has a choke but not using it.

Thanks

Clio MK 4
It like the whole settings of the car. They reset it so it was as if it came out of factory which wipes any bugs in the ecu or anything.

Before this i had my car struggling to start first time, and was constantly cutting out while driving all the time. Changed lambda sensor cleaned throttle bodies nothing worked until he tried reseting the parametres to which i havnt had any probs since *touch wood*

www.renparts.co.uk
the k4m seems to have a problem with this in the clios, clean the throttle body with carb cleaner, most do the dieing at idle thing when hot as well.