ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wont start

1.4 Dynamique
Hello, just got a 02 clio expression the its been sat in the garage for about 2 weeks just been mot in march only done 22,000 miles the problem is i think the batterys flat. When i put the key in all the lights come on and go off as normal but when i go to start it it just "clicks" and wont start. Also i put the lights on the wipers etc then it doesnt even click it wont do anything. Got a charger to charge the battery but having abit of bother getting it out any ideas is it the battery?

It sounds like the battery is flat yeah. Try jump starting it, but if the battery on the clio is too dead it won't work. If jumping it won't do it, you'll have to put it on charge, once it's charged up take the car out for a bit to keep it charged up. Also don't leave it for long periods of time othewise the same thing will happen again.

If it turns out not to be the battery, look into getting a new alternator for it.