ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wont start

clio sport 172, 2002
was driving down the m1 last night at about 85mph and it lost all power and the engine started to shake, so pulled up at the side of the motorway and tryed to start it, after a few atemps it started but sounded as if it was only on three, :( but now wont start at all. its home now,
so i've changed the coil pack but still no change,

any one have any ideas??? please

clio sport 172, 2002
well its none of the above
had the plugs out do a compresion test and found that 2 of the plugs have been smashed by the piston, so think some how the timing belt has jumped ;(

but the best part is, i only had the timing belt and AUX belt replaced 2400 miles at my loacl garage with renault parts,

does anyone know where i'd stand on getting thenm to fix it? or am i fucked???

clio sport 172, 2002
well its none of the above
had the plugs out do a compresion test and found that 2 of the plugs have been smashed by the piston, so think some how the timing belt has jumped ;(

but the best part is, i only had the timing belt and AUX belt replaced 2400 miles at my loacl garage with renault parts,

does anyone know where i'd stand on getting thenm to fix it? or am i f**ked???

Depends on EXACTLTY went wrong, can you visually inspect the belts and see if anything obvious has happened? Or anything else that may be relevant

clio sport 172, 2002
well no becoz i dont want the car to look like i've tampered with it and but all i no is that the some valves have droped and 2 of the plugs have been hit, and the aux belt has got a snag in it

does anyone know where i'd stand on getting thenm to fix it? or am i f**ked???
Ar well this is whatb happens what a garage doesn't use the right tools or do the job right.

(this is usually the reason they fail so soon they have failed before even with the right tools but very very very very infrequently basically one hand counting after a lot of belts.)