ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wooo Got me a 182!

Alpine GTA Turbo+182
Sorry about the title. Sooo, after quite a while of browsing here, Ebay, Pistonheads, Friday Ad, Autotrader etc etc I now have a rather good 182.
It's a '04 on a 54 plate Arctic Blue, Cup packs, 83K, fsh, belts done recently, newish tyres, Scorpion RS 192 exhaust, a Simota Induction kit (in the boot - probably best place for it.Worth 10 bhp he said. Yea right), OMP discs and pads, and a truly awfull dash display, he called it a white goodwood display, I'd call it a sh*te display.
Absolutely immaculate, alloys perfect (Anthracite of course) and perfect body. Wish I had one of those , a perfect body..... Drove it 175 miles home. Stonking and 35 mpg according to the meter. He claims it has 192 bhp; not too sure about that.
Just need to buy some rent and away we go. I will give it a service asap and a thorough check over.
A few observations. I tried a 172, the brakes were sooooo sharp and it felt really manic, whereas the 182 is quick but more relaxed. Prob to do with electronic throttle and the 172 being a bit of a snotter. Have you noticed how most people selling their 1*2 have only owned it for 6 months or less? This guy had owned it for 3 1/2 years. The 182 feels really good for a light hatch. My usual cars are way different to this, so its a new experience - bought my first "proper" car in 1972!
Anyway, enough of my rambling. Its now added to the ever increasing fleet. Looking for the first trackday at Brands already.
Cheers everyone - liked the welcome pack too!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Welcome along mate, they are sublime cars and cheap to run compared to equivalent marques.

The throttle set up AFAIK is the same as the 172....

Alpine GTA Turbo+182
Thanks guys!
It was a ph2 with lots of faults. Yea, certainly sublime and as you say not too bad on parts either. I have a contact in the local Renault dealer whom I have known for at least 30 years. I think he will be glad of the Clio as he has had to suffer trying to get parts for the Alpine for the last 5 years! Pics of all will follow plus one or two of the 'fleet'. Incidentally.... that Flamer on PH is back on sale (would have bought that if the 182 hadn't appeared) the guy who left a deposit backed out after he found out that insuring a 172 coast more than a small Saxo! Oh dear.....

E46 M3
Hello and welcome.

It's nice to have someone new who can spell, must be an age thing.....

120d M-Sport
Welcome to CS!

Sounds like you got a good 1 there! Its hard to find a 172 without stone chips all over the bonnet and bumper and the occasional battlescar :rasp:

They are great cars for the amount they cost and run very well despite 90% of them have been raped in the past probably lol

Look forward to seeing pics of the cars :D

Alpine GTA Turbo+182
Owned a week and it broke down! :eek: Bit odd really. The abs and tcs lights keep coming on - haven't had time to look at the reluctor rings yet. Anyway, they go out if you re start the engine. Which was what I did in traffic and it wouldn't start again! Just fired and ran for a second - now previous experience told me this could be the immobiliser, so I locked and unlocked the car and it was still the same. Then I noticed the heater fan had stopped and the clock had gone to 00.00. Rolled the car backwards away from the traffic, blower comes back on and it started! Drove to my workshop, had a look at all the battery connections etc which were fine and the car started ok. Hmmm.. tested the battery... duff. This is a fancy tester cost me £200 so very reliable. So I squeezed the battery from the Alpine in and it has been ok since. Strange,eh?:S

Westy. MX5
Owned a week and it broke down! :eek: Bit odd really. The abs and tcs lights keep coming on - haven't had time to look at the reluctor rings yet. Anyway, they go out if you re start the engine. Which was what I did in traffic and it wouldn't start again! Just fired and ran for a second - now previous experience told me this could be the immobiliser, so I locked and unlocked the car and it was still the same. Then I noticed the heater fan had stopped and the clock had gone to 00.00. Rolled the car backwards away from the traffic, blower comes back on and it started! Drove to my workshop, had a look at all the battery connections etc which were fine and the car started ok. Hmmm.. tested the battery... duff. This is a fancy tester cost me £200 so very reliable. So I squeezed the battery from the Alpine in and it has been ok since. Strange,eh?:S

Probably why he sold it, couldn't fathom out why it dies now and again. At least it was a simple job of changing the battery.
Enjoy your car, trackdays at Brands all the time now. I'm there 5th. Feb.