ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Word gurus

right trying to write my disseration and this is pissing me off.

word.jpg

So I used two columns above, and after the two columns it inserts a section break when going back to one column.

But below that you can see in the footer that these sections appear, but I dont want them to be in the footer because it starts the page count again from that section. So im getting page 1-20 (then a section break due to column) then the page count goes back to 1 again!

how do I fix this? I want the columns but I dont want the sections breaks!

DCi
I tried to recreate your problem and I couldn't

2akxg4.jpg

That's what happened to me - there is a page above and below that and the page numbering is correct.

thanks mate. I think its because your still on section 1..therefore it will still be correct page numbers. Could you try filling a few pages, then doing another set of columns to see if that procudes section 2?

DCi
ah I get you... I gave it a go and here is what I got...

Page 1 - 1 column (section 1)
page 2 - 2 columns, section break, 1 column (section 1)
page 3 - 1 column of normal text (section 2)
page 4 - 2 columns, section break, 1 column (section 2)
page 5 - 1 columns (section 3)

everything still works as it should.

Ian

Focus TDCi
James says

so if you insert page numbers in the footer theyre as normal?

No idea whats up with mine then. tried coping it all into a new doc and it still does it. :(

Ian

Focus TDCi
James says

cheers for the help Iain, I still can't get it to work, but I'm just going to work through it manually, shouldn't take too long..