ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wordpress

RIP Dan
Done a search but didn't really answer my questions.

Going to try and teach myself Wordpress, I usually use 1 and 1 internet templates which are looking a bit tired tbh so want something new.

I have a domain registered with Moniker and want to know where to go from there really.

Is there a Wordpress friendly host that I can use?

What do I need to do? I am a noob with all this. Using my iMac, got an FTP client and d/l wordpress onto my machine. How do I start?

You don't need Wordpress on your machine. You can. But it's a bit pointless really.

So you don't have hosting yet?

Find a host. Then in your control panel, there will be something like 'Fantastic De Lux' or something like that, basically that sets it all up for you and handles the databases etc. You just set the directory. So you could have it as www.bully.com or www.bully.com/blog.

It's really simple.

Then it's a case of modifying/adding a theme. Adding your content etc.

http://www.jomongee.co.uk/ I recommend them. Cheap. Helpful. Reliable.

RIP Dan
Cheers Revels, will look into it and start poking. I promise I won't PM you too much with stupid questions.

Haha. No worries mate.

There's a massive wordpress forum, hundreds of guides and YT etc. Gimme a shout if you get stuck, it's easy enough really.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Would highly recommend gridstar networking too. 1 guy runs it, customer service is ridiculously good.

182FF with cup packs
Done a search but didn't really answer my questions.

Going to try and teach myself Wordpress, I usually use 1 and 1 internet templates which are looking a bit tired tbh so want something new.

I have a domain registered with Moniker and want to know where to go from there really.

Is there a Wordpress friendly host that I can use?

What do I need to do? I am a noob with all this. Using my iMac, got an FTP client and d/l wordpress onto my machine. How do I start?

You could do what my mates and I do for our wordpress site.

Host it on Wordpress itself for the moment, and point your own domain at it.

http://skywatching.wordpress.com is the actual hosted site, but http://www.skywatching.co.uk redirects to it, and you tell Wordpress about your domain from the control panel and it makes sure that all the links are to the proper domain.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Joomla is great and we use it for our Intranet, however, do you not finding the menus and articles too complex, i.e first create an article, find the menu you want and then link it to the article?

WP is easy, lovely and lots of developers for it :)

i used to, but not now i know how to work it.

my site is also first on google when searching for laser shows.

so very happy with joomla

RIP Dan
OK, I have done a holding page this avo bumbling my way through.

It seems a bit "bloggy"

Is there more website based themes?? anyone recommend a nice clean white website theme?

Still a bit confused by it tbh.