ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Work .exe file restriction

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
Now i have put a restriction on no1 being able to run .exe installation files, is there anyway they can get around that?

:>

Cupra
What are you using to put the restriction in place? Depending on that, there may be ways around it. :)

Trophy #267
erm depends on how you did it and what you want to achive. You may have also disabled av scanners and office products from loading too - more detials please.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
could you not convert the .exe to an .msi or .zap file or something ?

172cup
my workplace has .exe restriction, i save it to a locatoin outwith the server (ie additional external hdd), and install it there....

will let me use the application with no problems.

On another point... do companies REALLY monitor internet useage? My company has about 1000 staff. I'm the Operations Manager... and even I have restrictions! I just sit on CS all day lol

SLK 350
Won't make any difference KDF, even running an .MSI it will just fall on it's arse when it realises you have no write permissions to the drive.

On another point... do companies REALLY monitor internet useage? My company has about 1000 staff. I'm the Operations Manager... and even I have restrictions! I just sit on CS all day lol

We log all internet activity but never check it unless someone gets blocked for being on something banned or we suspect someone. Depends on the company but if we saw someone using the internet alot we probably wouldn't do anything about it. I'm probably on it more than everyone else anyway!

SLK 350
Nope we don't monitor ours as such, we only monitor bandwidth usage and unless someone is taking the pish we don't do a lot about it.

Cupra
We monitor our usage and send reports to the ops managers..... Not a lot happens if your name is on top of the list though.