ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Working Megs #83...?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Can anyone give me a bit of a guide to working Megs 83 by DA? General consensus seems to be it needs working for 4-5 minutes per square foot... but how long and at what speeds?

It's a Kestral DAS-6 BTW. :)

Bumder With A Buffer
ermm without going over on DW i would "guess" at speed 3-4 to spread it out..then up to 5-6 for the 5 minutes..then maybe back down to 3-4 for a minute or so.

Just a guess mind

BMW E46 330i Touring
That's cool, cheers mate. I'll have a search over on DW.

I know people say that the Menz 3.02 is just a better, quicker, more DA-friendly version of #83 so I might just bite the bullet and get that!

Not a 320d
The polishes i started with was the megs #80, #83 combo with Megs pads on the G220. I then progressed onto Menz 3.02 and final finish with SFX pads which was an excellent combo. I now use a rotary using 3M waffle pads and Megs #105 and #205, namely because i find it works best for me, and that #105 is very abrasive and makes short work of BMW paintwork, and #205 can be worked as i want and i like the finish it gives. I think that #205 on a 3M waffle polishing pad gives an LSP ready finish.

If i remember, its about 4 mins a hit with #83, just work it in untill it breaks down and goes sort of clear. I used to work a foot at a time.