ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Workmates 172FF Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
So I park in the car park and think my car looks good, then my mate turns up....................................:mad: lol

Sy

Last edited:

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Yeh I know, shame I will be parting company before the year is out. :dapprove:

106 GTi
Love Monaco Blue 172's - I would take the Ph-Pretty over the Ph-Ugly everyime and happily not lose any sleep it may be 0.00001 second slower in the real world.

the Ph2 looks so plain though, I'd seriously not be able to tell it apart from a 1.2

You can, as there are quite a few differences, but I get what you mean. Especially if one is coming the other way, I just look out for headlight washers or blanking caps and the grill, it is hard, whilst you can easily spot a ph1. They just look completely different to the 1.2's and like Renault made an effort.

I always look at it, as the ph1 is for the men, the ph2 for the girlys.

DSCF0192.jpg

Ph 1 for the win!

Iceberg 172
I can't stand the headlights on PH1. Nor the interior. Black one above does look nice though and I'm sure they are quicker by a millisecond or two...

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Mine looks tiny compared to his fat f+++er lol. I was stood there last night at work and it really did look small!!

the Ph2 looks so plain though, I'd seriously not be able to tell it apart from a 1.2

You can, as there are quite a few differences, but I get what you mean. Especially if one is coming the other way, I just look out for headlight washers or blanking caps and the grill, it is hard, whilst you can easily spot a ph1. They just look completely different to the 1.2's and like Renault made an effort.

That's the thing though, unless I looked around it properly I'd never tell the difference, especially one on the road moving lol. Cup's and Trophy's have some beefyness about them though, I'd prefer having a Cup to mine, bar the interior and obviously I'd have to have my engine in it lol

Mountune Tractor

That's the thing though, unless I looked around it properly I'd never tell the difference, especially one on the road moving lol. Cup's and Trophy's have some beefyness about them though, I'd prefer having a Cup to mine, bar the interior and obviously I'd have to have my engine in it lol

Apart from the wheels/spoiler/splitter there is no diff looks wise so don't see how it can look beefier?

I don't see the problem with the dash, you look out of the window when your driving, then get out the car and go home. The only reason you need look at the dash, is to adjust the heater.

The dash isn't as nice as a ph2 and like Taylor I would be going from a ph2 to a ph1. Its not too much of an issue as the seats are good and the rest of the interior is spot on, and like you say you spend most of the time looking out the window and your rear view mirror!

172 Race Car
Ph1 is growing on me but i just couldnt bring myself to get one. The interior is just too 90's. They do look good in a rare colour as there are so many silver ones out there. Im pleased with my ph2 flamer and thats all that counts.

Tangoed Works
silver mk2 and black mk2 172 were disappointing imo when they came out. they look virtually identical to 1.2 dynamiques to the untrained eye. the situation worsened when they made the dynamiques with 15" versions of the 172 wheel. ph2 cup / trophy style all the way!

Having owned both a ph 1 172 and a ph 2 , I can say i would choose the ph 1 over the ph 2.

The colour on my ph 2 was great though, monaco is imo the best colour.