ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Workshop Visit

Turbos.
So soon i'm back in the cars, can't wait! In preparation, i popped to the workshop for a seat fitting - the guys had reclined the seat a little in response to my complaints about back ache.

I also got to check out my road legal Elise, something i see so little of i actually forgot i owned it! But over winter the engine has been upgraded from a boggo, heavily used stock engine to one with 170 brake. The rolling road revealed the standard intake was costing 4bhp, so last thing will be to get a decent filter. I'm testing the car in the couple of weeks, a litmus test for the car as i will sell it if i find it boring.

Pipsqueak (the Motorsport Elise) has had ongoing alternator problems. We have a completely new design coming, but for now we have rebuilt the current ones to be as good as possible. Vibration is what wrecks them, so the team have now engineered mounts using rubber bushes. There will also be a back-up alternator run off the cam and we are also running two batteries. Can't say we're not prepared!

Here is a pic of the old bracket, check out all the welds where it has been re-welded so many times due to vibration cracks.

Img_0076.jpg

One of the batteries...

Img_0082.jpg

A new cooling feed for the alternator that is mounted on the chassis rather than the engine now.

Img_0079.jpg

A little interior comparison! Pipsqueak is missing it's steering wheel, it has been sent off for some new buttons.

Img_0049.jpg

Img_0050.jpg

Few general shots...

Img_0038.jpg

Img_0048.jpg

Img_0058.jpg

Img_0060.jpg

The team are supporting another customer in a 2-11 this season too, bought from one of our main competitors. It wasn't built to JDR's exacting standards, so it has been taken right back. It was interesting to note the differences between it and Pipsqueak (which was built over 10 years ago). Effectively it is all very similar, biggest difference is the rear subframe that is clearly made to accommodate a variety of engines.

Img_0041.jpg

Two big differences though! ABS and TC...

Img_0067.jpg

Img_0066.jpg

Who needs a hose wheel from Halfords!

Img_0063.jpg

And finally, a couple snaps of some of JDR's other projects, a Lotus 6 brought over from the States and an Elan 26R built from scratch.

Img_0069.jpg

Img_0070.jpg

Turbos.
Yeah, it was for sale but i took it after the market...thought it would be better to spend a bit more to see if i liked it, and then if i didn't, it would be easier to sell.

LOL, yeah got the camera working just about, i am rubbish though!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I can't tell you how much I love both of those Loti. The central seating position in Pipsqueak is sexual.
Personally I think they should all be that way. Sod passengers.

Turbos.
Yeah, i love sitting in the middle. A much easier mod than you'd imagine too, thanks to how basic they are.

Turbos.
Not this weekend but next at Snetterton. Hopefully the weather is kind!

Under the wrap, Pipsqueak is the same colour...albeit not in quite the same condition ;)

P1050167.jpg

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Is that last pic a Lotus Elan under the cover? Absolutely love them, my dad used to have one and I'd love to have one some day!

EDIT: just noticed you said it's a 26R. Awesome!

Turbos.
Yes, i don't think it is a genuine car, but it is easy enough to build one. My instructor had a genuine one, won a few races in it and sold it for £150k!

I am one lucky man indeed!