ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

worlds fastest lens

the LEICA NOCTILUX-M 50 mm f / 0.95 ASPH bargain at £6290
Noctilux-M-50mm-f0.95-ASPH_001.jpg

R.I.P Zonda S
They have broken the F/1.0 barrier, which is a milestone on modern lenses I belive. Although canon used to produce a f/0.95 back waaaaaay long ago.

F/0.95 will only be used for low-light. If you want sharpness you'll still need to drop a stop or two...

Thought I would jump back into this thread. Shot at Silverstone overnight last weekend and it's incredible how much difference a single stop makes in incredibly tough conditions. I was panning at around 11pm at night, when I had my TC on (which makes my lens an f4) it was difficult to see in the viewfinder and you hardly got any ambient light in to at least get an outline of the cars. Took the TC off to give me f2.8, the difference was staggering.

I always knew why single stops at this end cost so much extra (particularly at 200mm +), but it was the first time I really saw the benefit. If my 50mm 1.8 could focus quickly it would have been awesome in those conditions.

2014 Focus Titanium
Aye I couldn't agree more! You pay for what you get, I shot a family wedding a few weeks back with a 400D + 18-50 2.8 +70-200 2.8 IS and I was maxed out with my settings but able to get by, anything any less and I'd have been fucked!