ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This Lens Any Good For Internal Room Photos

M2 Comp
I can't offer any feedback on that particular model, but we use a Sigma 10-20mm lens for a similar purpose (estate agency) and it has been a great investment. It wasn't much more expensive than the model you've linked to, maybe a little over £200 and that was some time ago.

The only thing I've found is that because you're shooting a wider area, you really need an external flash too, otherwise you end up with a shadow in the centre of the image.

I can send you some examples when I'm in the office tomorrow.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't used it but if he's using a crop body then it should be OK. It'll be wide enough for interior shots but I'm not sure what the distortion will be like but it might not matter to him, and could always be corrected in Lightroom if need be.

If you are using a flash, you will need an off camera one as the built in one will cause issues.

If he's not fussed on distortion, then a fisheye will get a s**t load in. Samyang do a 6.5 mm which is under £150. Manual focus though but set it to infinity and it'll be fine.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah i was thinking possible lens distortion too or even vignetting? As Aaron said you can get rid of it in photoshop but on Elements you can't. If you haven't got a flash you could use a large reflector to redirect light where you want it. When doing interiors always use a tripod to get straight photo's and reduce camera shake. Yeah the EF-S lenses don't work with a Full Frame camera

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
You guys speak a language thats completely alien to me. Distortion, vignetting... lol

For an amateur will they notice the internal flash dark spot that much?? @Aaron.. @Geddes

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
They might do but external flashes can be had super cheap, like £30 which will be fine for that.

With cheap wide angles, the barrel distortion isn't corrected, so vertical lines aren't really vertical, they go in towards the center at the top. The expensive Canon wide angle lenses are corrected but the cheaper ones aren't, you'll have to do that yourself of it bothers you.
I'll find some examples...

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Lens distortion is like when the image bends at the sides, like when you bend a piece of paper from both sides. Here's a video it gives you an idea what i mean

I've never used an external flash and practically never used my internal flash so can't really comment. What you don't want is too much light in one spot or it will look out of place. Where and what type of place will the shoot take place? Will there be natural light from windows and doors?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
After a quick look, it seems that this lens doesn't suffer distortion as bad as the offerings from sigma.
Might be a good, cheap lens to go for then.