ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worst colour for stone chips?

White clique
I think i recall someone saying red are softer paints so chip more easily but i think that might be b****cks, so black.

Storm Grey.

I thought it would be fine being 'primer coloured' but I think they used black primer. :dapprove:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Most definitely Red. It's terrible for stone chipping.

Most cars should have a colour coded primer but they haven't really moved onto that yet.

It's something we try in do with all our cars.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There's two ways of looking at the question.

Which colour chips easier.

Which colour shows up stone chips more.

Listerine & Poledo
There's two ways of looking at the question.

Which colour chips easier.

Which colour shows up stone chips more.

I refer you back to my previous answer on both counts :)

It's got to be the thin sheen of pearl black on 172's

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You need some black colour magic, car will look like new after 2 coats of that.

I must have about 5/6 bottles of the stuff. You can hide a multitude of sins!! lol.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair the bonnet and bumper are the quite bad on the Clios for chipping.

The bumper is very flat face and the bonnet is quite sloped.

The problems get worse the more you paint these panels.

Listerine & Poledo
You need some black colour magic, car will look like new after 2 coats of that.

I must have about 5/6 bottles of the stuff. You can hide a multitude of sins!! lol.

the turtle wax black polish stuff? Or the thick polish in a squeezy tube (like toothpaste?).

I use both of them and a chip stick on a door scratch and it does help, haven't tried on the bonnet yet, no sense washing the car just to drive 500 yards to be caked in crud again! :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
the turtle wax black polish stuff? Or the thick polish in a squeezy tube (like toothpaste?).

I use both of them and a chip stick on a door scratch and it does help, haven't tried on the bonnet yet, no sense washing the car just to drive 500 yards to be caked in crud again! :)

Have a look at Zymol Ebony mate. :)

Oh and what's the point in wiping your bum? It's going to get dirty again. Right?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
My front bumper on my Audi (black) was stone chipped, looked shocking in the sun. All fresh as a daidy now, bumper was removed a repainted.