ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worth taking back to the dealer? Gearbox

Clio 197
Before I start, I know, I know. This topic has been done to death but I need some advice in respect to my situation.

I have recently purchased myself an 06 Clio 197 in UR, a beautiful little motor :D.

I need some advice however on this gearbox issue I hear so much about. I have read a few posts on here and clio197.net and there seems to be mixed impressions. I do not experience crunching in 4th however I am forced to fight for first when starting in the cold and the gear box is a little clunky and stiff before driving it for a bit and getting a bit of movement on it.

Would this indicate that there will be future problems or is this something that has gone now? I have read through the 6 month warranty and it seems to cover gearbox seals (gearbox rear seal, any oil seal required on the engine or gearbox) :S. Does this mean that I should ask them to take a look at it? The garage i bought it from is not a renault dealership and i'm not sure if they will take it up.

What do you guys reckon?

Listerine & Poledo
if they're not renault then they're less likely to do anything with it

but more likely to not have a clue what "good" should feel like

Try them, but before that you should probably try and get a go in another, certifiably healthy, 197

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Unlikely as the box is functional-

A high proportion of 197s have poor first gear entry from Cold-
Renaults answer- A quirk of being a Sport

S