ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worth Upgrading to F’1s

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Theyre class give mine a good seeing to last night and never lost it once class grip

Cool nice one guys!

any ideas on the mileage on them???

My Original Dynamique had Michelins lasted about 16000 miles my new dynamique had got crappy continentals which the fronts lasted 6000 now all need changing again at 16000.

Definitely go for F1s - you wont believe how good they are in they wet! I know BenR will disagree with me, as he always does, but there you go! ;)

Not bad mileage out of them, but then a lot depends on how you drive - I remember BenR saying once that 1000miles was good out of a set of tyres! :eek: The Ex must have had hers on about 6 months now and the fronts are just getting to the limit. She does about 18-20k a year so theyre not doing bad! Especially considering that when I pointed out they were looking a bit smeared ;) she said "Im not going any faster then you used to!" And I dont hang about when I get going! :p

Do a search for them mate - this question has been asked before and not everyone rates em. I had new F1-GSD3s fitted all round about 12000 miles ago and thought my shocks had died or something - it felt really boaty and lifeless compared to the OE Michelins I had on before that. They have loads of grip and look cool, but they flick up stones (like Tiger said) and I dont rate them in terms of handling.

Id definitely take them over a budget tyre, but I dont think Ill be buying em again. Still, different people like different things. Horses for courses and all that... :D

Matt

If nothing else, pay the extra and get the F1s over a budget tyre - feel is all relative, but you cant deny that theyre much *much* better in the wet than any budget tyre and therefore much safer. Dont forget the tyres are the only thing in contact with the road!!

CTR EK9 turbo

matt - know how you feel i got 4 all round for £200 fitted plus balancing. Felt ultra boaty when new, I think ive gotten used to them, but it still boats around. Grips pretty well tho....

May go for those michelin Exaltos that Cerbera4.5 was talking about.......

Cheers Guys its allwyas best to get both sides to a story. Gonna go for them unless i can find a better package they gotta be better than fulda or soemthing like that on the budget side.