ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WOT CLIO!!!!

ok my sis is 17 in november and she wants a clio

so she asked me to look for a 3 door dark blue/grey or black

that is about a 1.2 / 1.4!

any ideas wot i gotta look for? model/ yr etc

don't

1.2 or 1.4rt but id get her 2 go on elephant first, chuck her details in for her on the 1.4rt, say shes 17 and passed her test etc, parent as an added driver could help, then c what kinda quotes it would bring up

if insurance aint 2 bad then get 1.4rt if insurance is bit steep then 1.2 itll have 2 b

Yeah an RT is decent insurance, try get a late model one, 96-98. Seeing as shes a girl she wont mind that it doesnt look as nice as the older ones ;)

as a lad id sooner have the 1.4 more power etc, but seen as she wont be bothered bout that get the 1.2, ull save a lot on the car and the insurance

hey, i am only 17 and got my 96 1.4RT for £1700 with 58000 miles (N reg), and i am £1070 TPFT on my own, hope this helps!!

Justin King

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I was 18 with an accident against me and no no-claims and paid £1,700 fully comp when I had my RT.

My mate now has that car and his missus has a phase 3 1.2 - she likes driving my old RT more though said its less effort.

I didnt think the insurance was hardly any different for the 1.2 - 1.4 models.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

You can get a late MK1 PH3 (P / R Reg, 96/97) with reasonable to high mileage (50K - 90K) for between £1500 and £2000.

Just make sure the cam belt and all the usual has been done.

Mines on 70K (1997 R) and is alegedly worth nothing, so just gonna have to keep running it til it dies i think.