ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would 15s looks too small

just been offered a sponsorship by Wolfrace wheels, i am trying to decide what size wheels to go for, they only do 15s, 17s and 18s

ive had 17s before and they ended up smashin my rear arch lip, as i have a new re-spray with a blend on the rear quarter i cant really afford for it to happen again.

Would 15s look to small on ma motor or do you reckon i should go for small wheels then when i sell my old ones get some uprated shocks?

Any pics of low Mk1s on 15s would be great

if i got 17s what offset would bring the wheel into the arch so it wouldnt catch?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

I dont know how sponsorship works, but if they fit them, try and get them to pay for any damage they cause?

Also, why not go for Euro Stlyee look, well low (lower than already) and 15s?

Ive always liked big rims on other peoples cars though, so in conclusion, a completely useless post thats no help.

Sorry.

deffo 17s

turbo mans with 18s looks wicked, see what you can do, maybe ask wolfrace to help you with some archwork haha

ive asked at different places previously for rear arch work but all will not gurantee not to damage paintwork.

Turboman has a 16v so the flared archs allows him, but Maxedclio has an RSI on 18s and after checkin over his there is about 1mm gap between the rim and arch after the arch lip was cut off

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

with that massive kit u have 15s would look naff .. you deffo need 17"s at least...Wouldnt coilovers stop damage? (yeah i know they are expensive).

Would you still have rubbing if no one sits in the back?

How did u manage to get sposorship?

ah right... 18s would look proper bo

but i wouldnt go for 15s at all mate, would look lost, specially with your paint job... a mint paint job needs to have a mint set of wheels with it

i dont av back seats due to the ICE install so no worries bout that

i have sorted out a few features for my car and they pointed me over to wolfrace to see about a sponsorship

coilovers would make the back end stiffer so the 17s wouldnt jump up and down so much but if they still catch jus a lil bit thats enough to reckon the archs

I would have to fit some different 17s on with a smaller offset to see how close they are to the rear arch, think its gonna av ta be a case of trial and hopefully no error

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

What about really low proile tyres???? on 17s obviously.

I dunno if that would help at all though.

*Edit* Like Turbo Mans.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

my mate had 17s on his 4 door mk1 clio and that was a nightmaire.

Its not a valver is it? The only think is to flair the rear arches but youve just had it painted so its not really an option.

You tried bump stops? Just grasping at straws now tho sorry..

not sure if mk1 clios have springs at the back or torsion bars???

the only thing i thought would be an option would get some 195/40/17 tyres which i know mytyres.co.uk do for £80 a tyre which i dont really wanna pay out.

but will speak to em coz ive seen plenty of wolfrace 16s but i think they jus dont stock em coz most people want 15s or 17s

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I agree with Daz on this 15s would look far too small. Try to persuade them to let you have 16s as they do make them, maybe they are jsut out of stock at the moment

mostly definalty, ive got 15" and even after lowering em, im thinking... hm.... maybe a bit lower? doesnt look exactly how i pictured.

Def bigger wheels!

320d

Your car is smooth with the bump strips removed but not smooth as in euro style so id say 15s were a big NO. Think your best/most affordable option is getting your rear arches rolled cos IMO you should get 17s. Coilovers would be class but obviously they arent cheap - its a tough 1

if i was u i would go 15s but say to them u want the full effect of these wheels the car has to be lowered, this would make the car stand out mora etc etc try and get them to cough up for suspension as well. worth a try me thinks

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 18 April 2004

I think 15s are plenty of wheel for a Mk1.
Correct, I think they are perfect for mine too.. but have you seen Essex_Lads car? 15s would be lost!

He definetly needs 17s.. heh.

17s on a 1.4? Hmmm doesnt sound a good idea really...

I mean, just for a bit of perspective I know a guy who has a Skyline GTR, and he says 19s slow that down.

Fair points about the handling and speed loss - BUT completely irrelevant to Alex as his car is clearly not about performance but looks!!

And for that reason alone no less than 17"s will do!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

How can you have a lush kit, Stunning paint and 15s?

17s would look ace but you know you need to get the grinder out for 18s!;)

Then it would be the ultimate feature car!