ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would a 172 be better than a 182 for my budget?

182 FF
Hi all
while I wait for my MR2 to sell, I've been researching 172s and 182s as a replacement.
The budget I've set myself is up to £2.5k.
There seem to be a lot of good 172s within that range, with reasonable miles, good history and recent belt/dephaser changes.
There also appear to be some 182s in my price bracket also.
Whilst I would prefer a 182, do you think its possible to get a 'good' one that won't need any big jobs doing in the near future or should I really focus on a good 172?
ta
Michael

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Phase 2 172 for around 2k will get you a VERY good one, even 1800 may get a good one around 60k miles.

Save a £300 for any bits that go wrong, still giving you a bit to play with to spruce it up.
You still need North of 3k to buy a decent 182.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
That Sunflower that was in the ads here, would love to check that out seems a bargain @ £1250

Fiesta ST2 MP215
No there was another last week but seems to have been removed, was listed as for a mate so might be why it's gone.

A3 1.8T+Clio 182 FF
personally I saved up £3.5k for a 182. i didnt pay anywhere near close to that when I finally got one mind (3 weeks ago, so recent). but myself I like to have some cash to sit on incase it needs anything doing to it.

you could get a 182 in your budget but im sure a decent one would skint you.

182 FF
You can buy an epic Cup for that money.

I know, but the interior is so basic. I appreciate its all about weight saving and am aware of the other benefits of a 172 Cup against a regular 172 but I think I need the aircon and better seats.

PB Clio 172
Better to get a 172 imo

Its a used car so something will go wrong just a bit of luck also. My car is a cat d had no belts done but its been the best car I have ever owned/driven

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Buy on condition rather than wether or not its a 182 IMHO.

Also if you want it drive like they are supposed to then allow a few hundred quid for steering bushes and joints etc, even most of the "good" ones havent had this done recently enough.

In a simillar position myself, i prefer the 182 but due to a budget of around 2.5k i've decided to go for a 172 and then get a 182 in the future when i can get one of a better standard :)