ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would It Be Stupid To Strip A 1.2 Sport Rep? To Give It The Track Look!!

renault clio 1.2 16V
Had to think about this so meany times! I am considering stripping my clio and putting in a half roll cage? Would just like people opinions.

renault clio 1.2 16V
I think I will end-up doing it mate, Trying to get myself a set of bucket seats! If you can recommend any?

Astra Twintop
Its your car mate, do what ever you like to it.
Ignore the people on here.

I say go for it

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Done properly, it will look better than standard and you can keep it comfortable for the daily commute.

Just don't go too overboard and keep it simple so you can put it back to standard when you sell.

renault clio 1.2 16V
Cheers Guys. I agree with 'Daniel' so when I come to sell the car it can be put back in. Tbh I think it would look nice?

Stripped yozza'd cup
Definitely worthwhile. Lightness is key to performance. Especially when you have little power.

As Daniel says, keep it simple so you can put it back in come sale time. All of the heavy bits are easily removed / replaced anyway.

As for seats, bimarco futura's. SEX.

Shhh
Save the cash and put it towards buying a bigger / faster clio.

Dont forget, with these modifications you will need to declare them to the insurance company....

"Hi, is that Admiral, I would like to inform you that i have stripped the interior of my car, fitted a race rollcage, fitted some nice recaro race bucket seats too. Not only will this make me look mint, it will also make my 1.2 Clio more appealing to the TWOC car thief who is more likely to go for a joy ride in my hot hatch racer, Can you tell me how much my insurance will go up please..?"

Last edited:

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
If you have the money, and can dedicate it to track, buy an older car like a valver or Rallye and use that. Don't insure it, just tow it to track, a valver can be had for hundreds these days which will be less than the money you spend on mods like a cage. Sure your dad may like the idea of a track car and with a valver you can always wide track it, F7R it, strip it - loads of potential.