ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would the gear box in a 182 handle a turbo conversation?

Renault Clio 1.4 16v
Hi I have a 1.4 and have saved some money to get a 182 and get the big turbo upgrade and brakes but will the gearbox hold up with the power? If not what gear box will and how much? Please help ahah

Renault Clio 1.4 16v
Yeah I can insure it its not that much if you shop around enough and not doing the up grade until I'm 20 but just wanted to make sure I could do it with the money I have and not need a new gear box every 2 seconds?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah I can insure it its not that much if you shop around enough and not doing the up grade until I'm 20 but just wanted to make sure I could do it with the money I have and not need a new gear box every 2 seconds?
Best advice i can give you pal

Buy one already done!

Renault Clio 1.4 16v
Yeah that is l the other option but your always taking the risk of what it has done before and what it has been though and when it was done there is a very nice 197 turbo on there at the minute to be honest

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah that is l the other option but your always taking the risk of what it has done before and what it has been though and when it was done there is a very nice 197 turbo on there at the minute to be honest
Do your home work pal and alot of it any issues will be online if you look. Im glad i bought mine already done saved me ££££

Renault Clio 1.4 16v
And if I do go down that root the 197 does have a more capable gear box aswell does it not?

Golf Gti edition 30
My clio 182 is 337bhp and 301 lbs torque.Its driven sensible with no wheelspining etc and its still holding up so far with no issues after a few thousand miles.

Renault Clio 1.4 16v
My clio 182 is 337bhp and 301 lbs torque.Its driven sensible with no wheelspining etc and its still holding up so far with no issues after a few thousand miles.

Yeah that's exactly what I would like to do to mine!!!

Renault Clio 1.4 16v
Mine is a vag 1.8t engine so uses a vag gearbox.

I spend 90% of my life stuck on my phone reading clio s**t so feel i have a decent view on things lol

That's what I'm asking you so many questions even tho you might find them stupid haha