ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you lower your 172

how many ppl would lower your 172 if you had the money 4 decent kit, am currently thinking about doing it but 50/50 at the min ,, whats your views on it??

clio 20v

yep agree every car ive had has been lowered it it jus makes it look that much better

plus most of the cars ive known of have been ok lowered ride quality wise unless lowered 60mm or more if thats what ur worried about infact i didnt notice a lot of differance on the valver cos that was hard anyway

adi

Silver Fabia vRS

Has to be lowered! You can do it in stages...change springs first then shocks if you dont want to do it all at once.

Renault havent even sussed that mine is lowered yet because the Eibach springs are black...the same as the originals!

That would worry me..... and you trust them to service it???!!!

BTW, I dropped my Mk2 172 35F/40R using AVO Chassis Dynamic springs, the work was first done by GT Tuning (NEVER EVER TRUST THAT THEIVING TW*T) a couple of months later (when the shocks died) I sourced a set of Koni adj. and gave the lot to my local dealer who kindly fitted them, sorted the geometry and warrantied the lot!!! no issues....

I think the moral of the story is... be honest with your dealer then theres no margin for arguments! and in case any of you are wondering, I stand nothing to gain from repeatedly suggesting dealers, my Mk2 is even an import!!! The smart dealers out there know theres money to be made from us all.... and if they dont take the work, somone else will........

Just my 2 pence worth :)

Ohh, and dont be afriad of bartering the price with your dealer.... and think about this.... as a mechanic would you rather swap an aircon unit on an espace OR fit uprated parts to an already excellent hot hatch???

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Im keeping mine as is.

the 16" wheels fill the arches just right and the right is perfect for me.

I would definately drop lesser clios though because they look like they have a fear of the ground

Renault Laguna Coupe

Mines lowered, Eibach springs. Sorted out the body roll and gives a much tauter feel to the car. Recommended.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

I am going to lower my little baby myself, have all the tools to do it and I know I will do the job right. The reason I am lowering is to stop body roll into the corners and this is the only reason and not cause I want the car lowered for aesthetic reasons.

BTW lowering Tomclio1.2s car this weekend so we are going to produce a write up of how to lower your car and also we are changing the discs and pads so that will be written up as well.

And warrenty doent cover shocks so why bother about the warranty, the only thing I am going to get the garage to do is check wheel alignment after lowering.

Silver Fabia vRS

Jellyhead - You say about worryig about them servicing my car but my local dealer has only seen about 3 MK2 172s so dont really know how low it is anyway. Also they have never asked about it being lowered so I have never said...if they ask Ill tell them.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by ChavyBoy on 11 December 2002

I am going to lower my little baby myself, have all the tools to do it and I know I will do the job right. The reason I am lowering is to stop body roll into the corners and this is the only reason and not cause I want the car lowered for aesthetic reasons.

BTW loweriong Tomclio1.2s car this weekend so we are going to produce a write up of how to lower your car and also we are changing the discs and pads so that will be written up as well.

Im lowering mine because i hit railway bridges and flip over when i go round corners

there is an 85mm gap between my tyres and my arches

clouds are forming in the cabin and i have to get permission from air traffic control when i want to go out

as for the brakes oh dear ............................

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by tomclio1.2 on 11 December 2002

Im lowering mine because i hit railway bridges and flip over when i go round corners

there is an 85mm gap between my tyres and my arches

clouds are forming in the cabin and i have to get permission from air traffic control when i want to go out

as for the brakes oh dear ............................
Tom stop it I am crying mate :D.. Do I need to use the extension ladder then ? (Reaches 25 ft upwards)

He he!!

Im going to do mine myself when the weather picks up after the new year. So Ill be following your hints and tips Ivan. In fact my car is a year old in March so Ill treat her to some new springs as a bday pressie!! Maybe a K-tec oval as well if shes good. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

The reason Im lowering is for body roll also. Saying that when I was parked up next to telford_mikes car at York - mine looked like it was on stilts!