ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

would you use this oil

1.8 16v Mk1 Ph1 + S14a
Couldn't comment, but I will be using Silkolene Pro fully synthetic oil on change :)

Matthew

Elf stuff is alright, not sure about using the grade though (edde will know though)
What ever you do, do not use catrol gtx magnatec in it ! Your car will sound like a tractor, valver engines hate the stuff.

you can use the 10w 40 stuff , it only means the engine will be covered under extremely low temp but 5w 40 is also sufficient as the temp never get below -10 anyway ;)

10-40 is fine down to -20 degrees under Renault rules. 5-40 is better as protects down to -25 and it is better when cold.

Clio 172 mk2
Elf stuff is alright, not sure about using the grade though (edde will know though)
What ever you do, do not use catrol gtx magnatec in it ! Your car will sound like a tractor, valver engines hate the stuff.

I used to use Magnatec in my old 19 16v and it was fine.

Must vary from car to car

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
On my 172 i have been using Castrol from new the 1 im using at the minute is Castrol Edge Sport 10w60 Grade specialy tested for high performance engines hot and cold really good stuff

The 10w-50 from elf will be fine, an average quality oil.

If at a good price buy it but the best quality options are the ester based oils of Silkolene and Motul. Like all things, you get what you pay for... if your lucky.

Cheers

Guy.