ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wow what a day! *pics*

Evo 6, E92 320d
ner ner ner ner, lookin good so far, but i spot you have your power wire running next to your rca leads! thats a big no no!

Do you not get loads of distorsion??? The best thing to do for better sound quality is run the rca's down the drivers side.

Hope this helps, Jaff
myth imo, I have them both ran down the passenger side and it doesn't distort at all.
Nice looking build there Taylor, much better than my effort.

it wont be distortion, it'll be a buzz ,not sure wat frequency but a mains powered sub lead next to cable gets a 50hz buzz.

RCA's should be kept seperate to the power cables, this will ensure you have less interferance, however most high quality RCA's nowadays are shielded so it shouldnt be a problem. I myself seperate them to make sure.

from an installation guide:

"When it comes to running your cables it’s really a matter of using you common sense, make sure that all the wiring is neat and fixed down sensibly. A roll of gaffer tape comes in handy here, remember that anything you don’t fix down in a car may rattle, sods law says that it will be the most awkward place in the car to get to for you to cure that rattle too.

As for where your cables should run that’s pretty straightforward, put the power cable from your battery down the same side of the car as the battery, run the RCA leads down the other side of the car and your speaker leads down the middle. Don’t forget to run a remote turn on cable for you amp, and make sure this goes down the same side as your power cable, it may not be carrying as much power but it still could cause a problem."

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yes i am a girl thanks lol

tyre weld is the way to go... after all cups dont have a spare do they