ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wow!

just fitted an induction cone and the sound is amazing!! just need a millteck or ourbisound exhaust now!!:approve:
dsc00309ts5.jpg
:approve:

VRS
if you are going to fork out for an orbisound then spend a little more on a decent closed induction kit (maxogen,viper,bmc,simota) or stick with an uprated panel filter (itg,pipercross) :)

the heat soak from the open filter will lead to a loss in power, it wont be quite as evident yet as its nice and cold out but as soon as spring summer comes, that open kit will drainpower like a mofo

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive got standard airbox and ITG pannel filter and removed the acoustic valve to get some more noise, sounds as good as a cone filter but cost me nothing! (well the ITG i had to buy but would sound the same with a standard filter!)

Clio 172
ive got standard airbox and ITG pannel filter and removed the acoustic valve to get some more noise, sounds as good as a cone filter but cost me nothing! (well the ITG i had to buy but would sound the same with a standard filter!)

I don't think so! You clearly have never heard an IK then

BG 182
I would agree that removing the acoustic valve is a cheap alternative..
ive had Induction kits on all my previous cars and although I agree that the sound isnt as throaty its not far off and for free its a winner imo.
dave (harry_manback) woke me up this morning to remove my acoustic valve and im very happy with the sound.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
dont listen to em. i got a green cone and yes it was running worse at first. then i bought some cheap crappy heatshield for it and an extra CAF and its much better and sounds ace.
closed induction kits i just dont understand! its just a different shaped airbox with funkier material for the filter.

only prob is with gettin an exhaust tho is that it can drown out the sound of the IK - which is far better than an exhaust sound.

TeZ

Non RS : (
Hi my names Johnny Mc'bigpics nice to meet.

" i am currently jamming your server with my 600x800px pics .. have a nice day"

is this tez fella trying to be funny??! :sleepy:

showing the forum a pic without having to click links.... d!ck!!!! :dead:

Thanx for the advise guys, i know im in need of a heat shield and there is one cold air pipe going to the cone, will be fitting another, its just temp until i can get a full k and n or viper!! ££!!!!!!! lol!

any advise always welcome! :approve:

K&N type cone filters do sound the nuts you can't get away from that, unfortunatly they do suck in hot air, which is particularly noticeable in the summer. I ran a Piper x item on my Clio throughout last winter but I whipped it off in the summer as it was noticeably down on power on hot days.
I considered getting a BMC for my current car, but as far as im concerned its just an enlarged factory style air box made of carbon fibre, I doubt it makes much noise being inclosed and is a lot of money. Panel filter and additional CAF if I was going to mess about with it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

I don't think so! You clearly have never heard an IK then

been through loads on my last 2 cars both cars were down on power compaired to panel filters and standard airbox's

neather sounded that great, slight bit louder than removed acoustic valve but not worth the power loss!

I've got a K&N and the car takes on a different feel in cold weather. Have managed to get a heat shield around engine side of filter and will be putting on a fresh additional cold air feed for the summer, goodbye fog light!! But just love the sound of an Induction cone.