ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Write-Off Still Being Used. Help.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Just out of curousity I put my old, written-off clio RNs registration into the RAC Registration Check.

To my suprise, it came back with it last having changed hands in July 2004, when I wrote-off the car in Febuary 2004.

The cars value was £3500 and the cost of repair was £8500, surely it cant be back on the road.

Im worried that someone out there is driving a badly damaged and unsafe vehicle and I have no idea who to call!
DVLA say that if documents have been released then the car is legal, but they could be faked, culdnt they?

Ziel Nurburgring

Someone probably recovered it, did the repairs themselves and sold it on. Remember the total cost also includes the hours the garage would take to repair it, and probably accounts for half the cost.

I wouldnt worry to much about it

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

^^ I did consider that, but the car needed a brand new shell. Which IMO imediatly makes it a waste of time to repair.

other marques? :confused:

But as blink says I wouldnt worry this happens quite a lot, might have been cat d or c.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Just phoned the insurers, twas a cat C write-off, seems that it is back on the road!

Punto/Clio GTT

ideal if you know someone with a shell who will sell for cheap, repair yourself, fit yourself, back on the road for 1.5/2k or so

Lee

BMW M2C

I noticed my old written of 200Vi had changed hands again well after that was written off. It needed complete re shell so I guess someone did that.

Clio 182 FF & Cups

How do you do one of these registration checks? wouldnt mind seeing if a few of my old motors are still on the road, does it cost owt?

Saner, dont worry about it mate, if the ownerships changed hands then @ least its nothing to do with you. My sisters nova was written off years ago then used in a bank raid 18 months later whilst still being registered to her. Try explaining that one to a couple of coppers on the door step!

silver valver/hybrid

my mate bought a mazda 323 from a salvage yard that the insurance had already ben paid out for, about 6 months later my mate slid on ice and smashed all the rear beam, and rear wheel on a curb, it was written off (again) and insurance paid out (much more than he paid for it) , insurance said it would deffo be crushed and would not be put back on the road, 6 months later he got a phone call from a bloke saying he had just bought his mazda and if he had got the spare key!!:confused:

Skoda Fabia vRS

can someone link me to the RAC reg check

ive used it loads in the past but i cant find it at the moment

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 12 February 2005

can someone link me to the RAC reg check

ive used it loads in the past but i cant find it at the moment
Open the link shown above and then click on My RAC

fat 182

Just had a look at my old Z3s reg and its a 328ci now aprently

i wouldnt trust it i know its still a Z3 because ive seen it about

:confused:

and i know ive used the right reg cos ive got a pic of it on my frigde with the rest of my old cars