ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Write off??

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
They'll write it off because its damaged the chassis and will need to be pulled out on a jig go see a body shop they should be able to pull it out as it isn't really too bad I'd avoid the insurance as ull be waiting months for a pay out and all that s**t just make him pay up and kick the f**k into him I hate these little kids nowadays they rag about and have no idea how a car handles they should all be forced to do a track day as part of their test to understand more.

Ryan.

They will write it off due to cost of the repairs in relation to the pre-accident value, taking into account how much the car will be worth as salvage to them.

You would stand to get a better deal by retaining the salvage of the car and having it repaired through a private garage and not repairing everything. As you say a tug to the floor would see it being fairly good. The estimate done by an insurance company would be with a replacement for the floor, new parts and thus result in the car being a T Loss.

There will NOT be a wait for months. It's in no ones interest to hold up a process like this. It wastes everyone time and causes unnecessary replacement vehicle hire costs; not mitigating the loss.

Offers are frequently made to people only 2 or 3 days after they have been in a crash and if it is a third party it is put at the front of the queue so may be even sooner.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Im not being funny, but if i my car was smacked into i certainly wouldnt give a s**t about the millions of drivers on the road thats insurance premiums will go up a couple of quid (shop around, you will get it cheaper) I would want to get the most money out of it as i can.

Sometimes in life you have to be selfish

ul go far on here..

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Im not being funny, but if i my car was smacked into i certainly wouldnt give a s**t about the millions of drivers on the road thats insurance premiums will go up a couple of quid (shop around, you will get it cheaper) I would want to get the most money out of it as i can.

And you don't care about your own premiums?

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Originally Posted by Pyrah

There's a difference between claiming because you actually got whiplash (or anything else) and claiming because you think you might be able to convince someone you have something you don't to get a payout...

No one here is suggesting you shouldn't claim if you need to..

You can't claim whiplash like that because he's got out the car and all now my next door neighbour is a traffic copper n he was saying if you want to make a claim for whiplash you have to stay in the car they'll call the fire brigade to come and cut the roof off the car and get an ambulance to get u out with out moving your neck... It's to stop s**t like this happening and people making false claims or claims 4-5 days later ... Also bulls**t whiplash claims rape insurance premiums at least the boys mint her has been reasonable be civil first would be my idea.... And still kick the f**k into him

You talk utter b****cks, i was involved in a collision April last year where a foreign driver hit me head on, on my side of the road i got out the car at the time and swapped details etc and then popped down the hospital a good few hours later i was really in pain with my back and neck, was signed off work for 2 weeks and further advised 2 be signed off atleast another further 2 weeks by the physiotherapist, i claimed and got paid out and i didn't get cut out etc, some people really are just full of shite tbh

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Unfortunately often people make comments about stuff like this when they have absolutely no idea about how a claim works.

Injury can usually be claimed as long as there is evidence to prove it is genuine. The key word in that sentence is evidence. If it is not there nothing can be done. The police are more concerned with safety and ensuring the vehicles involved are legal. Ryan, that's just not true in the slightest. I'm not taking a dig but that isn't correct information and I don't want people to think it is.

yeah police weren't even involved with mine as both cars could be driven away but i got plenty of photo's showing how he was on the wrong side of the road etc, and yep its been able to prove that you were actually injured which my back is still fucked from and doubt it will ever be right again

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I remember many years ago someone ran into the back of me.. it was a great night that. . Seriously though back in the day I just wiped his glass off my bumper and that was the end of it.. nowadays fookers are going round in gangs causing accidents...

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I'm not claiming for any injuries, just want the car fixed. Been to two garages today, one reckons it doesn't need to be put on the jig as its not structural and the other quoted around 700 for repairs and sounded more clued up. The first bloke was asking me why it didn't look like his daughters 1.2 clio and asked if my bumpers are standard, yeah, you sound like you know what you're on about!

Up to the mother of the child who hit me now, as I doubt the 17 year old can cough up that much!