ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Write off??

Cup Turbo, Flamer
First time I've driven my cup turbo in 3 weeks....some 17 year old bell end does this...

null-87.jpg

null-88.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
That'll pull out mate, i've seen far worse saved from the scrap yard,
depends if you know a decent mechanic.

Your​ insurance company might not think the same though. :dapprove:

Inferno 225 cup
If rear floor is creased it will be a write off Mate but can buy back at 10% of the cost :)repair it and keep IMO

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Drive it to a body shop and ask for a quote on having the crease pulled out,
then compare that to the price of increased insurance premiums for a few years.

​You might find it cheaper to just get the thing repaired.

Definitely a write off unfortunately mate. Sorry to hear it. But it'll definitely fix up. Mine was similar. Cost me a grand cash to repair.

Get the pay out but ask for the car too. Keep it, repair it. Bobs your uncle.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm guessing the tailgate isn't damaged?

It'll be touch and go. It's probably the easiest repair in the world. The boot floor is designed to crumple like that but it'll seriously take a hammer and dolly to straighten.

Anyway, personally i'd hope they write it off. Buy it back, new bumper, boot carpet or something and pocket a grand to treat yourself or your OH.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
If its gets written off then its a cat D forever then, the kids mum has offered to pay for it, going to a garage tomorrow with her to see what's what, see what happens then eh!

i so she'l not want 2 be paying the excess either cos no doubt he won't be able 2 pay it, get it fixed and try got some extra cash out of her for your troubles... i would anyways lol

MK3 1.2
Personally i would claim on your insurance and then get your car back and either sell it whole or break it. Also say you have whiplash so you get a bit more money. Mate has done it in his golf and made 10k from it.

Could buy a few Clios for that mate

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Personally i would claim on your insurance and then get your car back and either sell it whole or break it. Also say you have whiplash so you get a bit more money. Mate has done it in his golf and made 10k from it.

One of the many reasons premiums are so much...

thats my insurance up again next year...

Clio 172 phase 1
They'll write it off because its damaged the chassis and will need to be pulled out on a jig go see a body shop they should be able to pull it out as it isn't really too bad I'd avoid the insurance as ull be waiting months for a pay out and all that s**t just make him pay up and kick the f**k into him I hate these little kids nowadays they rag about and have no idea how a car handles they should all be forced to do a track day as part of their test to understand more.

Clio 172 phase 1

You can't claim whiplash like that because he's got out the car and all now my next door neighbour is a traffic copper n he was saying if you want to make a claim for whiplash you have to stay in the car they'll call the fire brigade to come and cut the roof off the car and get an ambulance to get u out with out moving your neck... It's to stop s**t like this happening and people making false claims or claims 4-5 days later ... Also bullshit whiplash claims rape insurance premiums at least the boys mint her has been reasonable be civil first would be my idea.... And still kick the f**k into him

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They'll write it off because its damaged the chassis and will need to be pulled out on a jig go see a body shop they should be able to pull it out as it isn't really too bad I'd avoid the insurance as ull be waiting months for a pay out and all that s**t just make him pay up and kick the f**k into him I hate these little kids nowadays they rag about and have no idea how a car handles they should all be forced to do a track day as part of their test to understand more.

Why would a car be a write off if the chassis is damaged? Which it's not by the way.

You can't claim whiplash like that because he's got out the car and all now my next door neighbour is a traffic copper n he was saying if you want to make a claim for whiplash you have to stay in the car they'll call the fire brigade to come and cut the roof off the car and get an ambulance to get u out with out moving your neck... It's to stop s**t like this happening and people making false claims or claims 4-5 days later ... Also bullshit whiplash claims rape insurance premiums at least the boys mint her has been reasonable be civil first would be my idea.... And still kick the f**k into him

What utter nonsense you speak.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Sometimes the effects of whiplash come days later.. Never heard this about staying in the car.
Don't forget you are claiming of their insurance which shouldn't effect your ncd

S4 Avant
Whiplash happens within two hours of a crash happening, when the adrenaline wears off, your sat on a hospital bed and your muscles say "f**k this, you're having some pain"

RS6 C7
I had no pain when i crashed my car (It was my fault lol) but a few hours later it was awful and I could barely move. I don't understand how you can't claim if you didn't stay in the car lol!, I'm completely against claiming but there are occasions where it's justified if you miss out on work etc.

Mec 350 slk manual
You can't claim whiplash like that because he's got out the car and all now my next door neighbour is a traffic copper n he was saying if you want to make a claim for whiplash you have to stay in the car they'll call the fire brigade to come and cut the roof off the car and get an ambulance to get u out with out moving your neck... It's to stop s**t like this happening and people making false claims or claims 4-5 days later ... Also bulls**t whiplash claims rape insurance premiums at least the boys mint her has been reasonable be civil first would be my idea.... And still kick the f**k into him
That why people like you make my insurance keep going up with false clams

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
say you have whiplash so you get a bit more money. Mate has done it in his golf and made 10k from it. Could buy a few Clios for that mate

You could have saved typing all that and just wrote ''I'm a c**t''.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Yes

Cat D

She would only have to pay her excess if she claimed for damage to her car. If you were the only claim then she wouldn't have to pay.

Don't go privately. Let me know if you want help with valuations as I'm up to date with all the ombudsman lark

Last edited: