ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Write off ?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
no expert but if the cross member behind the bumper or any of the suspension/subframe components are bent may struggle!

197ff, 172
Cant be sure if they will write it off without knowing what it's worth, But even if it's worth as much as 3k that will be borderline. Bumper, wing, bonnet, headlamp and whatever else is bent behind it plus paint and labour.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Mine had a similar amount of damage. The insurance garage quoted £1,700 to fix it, so they tried to write it off, but I managed to get it repaired by an independent for £450, which wasn't a write off.

Mine needed bonnet, bumper, wing, headlight, arch liner, and the crossmember needed bending out in that corner.

197ff, 172
Could fix that yourself for less than £750, but if you're going to have to pay the excess anyway for the damage to whatever you hit it won't matter.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Could fix that yourself for less than £750, but if you're going to have to pay the excess anyway for the damage to whatever you hit it won't matter.

Could you? That's quite impressive. Is there any chance I could utilise your garage? I have lots of work needing done on lots of cars.

Oh and the OP should use a picture host that isn't stuck in the 90s.

197ff, 172
Could you? That's quite impressive. Is there any chance I could utilise your garage? I have lots of work needing done on lots of cars.

Oh and the OP should use a picture host that isn't stuck in the 90s.

Gally are welcome to use my garage, tools and bits and bobs. It may be a bit of a commute though. I am currently re-shelling a clio for less than £750. In fact I did it for under £500 including a bunch of other stuff. Just to add, the car wont be in my garage till it's finished and none of the work is being done by me.