ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Write off?

Clio Sport 172
Gutted a woman went into the side of me last night!

5aa7892058c9dcfdb774f916f756ccfc.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I've seen some impressive things come out with a miracle pull but nothing quite like that. Would be new 1/4 time me thinks.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
That can NOT be repaired without a new quarter - simple as that. 100% write off.

Clio 172
It could be saved but be a cat c at best, for a car of such value its pretty pointless. Let it be written off, get a claim/payout and get another

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm impressed anyone can tell as the picture is that dark!

Clio 172
Unless it's an agreed value, the work involved, panels, paint, labour will easily be over £1k which is more than enough to write the car off. Plus it would be cat c which would devalue it. No brainer, in my eyes. Unless you can do the work yourself and come to an agreement with the lady that hit you

Ad

MK2 FRS
I am guessing the white thing in the window is the airbag? Almost certainly a write off.

Clio 4 RS cup
I'm on a campaign :- When you have a " no fault " claim against you, most times your insurance company will put your premium up for the next 3 or 4 years. It does NOT
matter if you have protected bonus or not.
These charges over the 3 or 4 years can come to a few bob and " AND ARE PART OF YOUR LOSS" therefore should be claimed.

Subaru, arctic 182FF
I'm on a campaign :- When you have a " no fault " claim against you, most times your insurance company will put your premium up for the next 3 or 4 years. It does NOT
matter if you have protected bonus or not.
These charges over the 3 or 4 years can come to a few bob and " AND ARE PART OF YOUR LOSS" therefore should be claimed.
Why the hell is this. This DOES happen. I had a woman run in the back of me 3 years ago whilst i was stationary in traffic and low and behold my premiums went up WTF.
Why does this happen

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's not astro physics, you're more likely to have an accident statistically.

mk1 Octavia VRS
Someone hit my Skoda last year and it was written off but renewal in March this year was the cheapest it has ever been. Rest of the policy details were the same as the year before. That's not to say my insurance won't go up next year though!

182 Inferno
I had my car written off last March, was not at fault and I claimed. My insurance has not gone up at all.
My boyfriend was in the car though and his insurance went up by £100 apparently..

Focus RS + S3
It does happen and ive had the statistics nonsense chat

Car was parked and i was stood on the pavement with the keys in my hand and a car crashed into the clio

Insurance went up 250 quid