ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Written off :(

Jap Box
Pic of it from recovery place -

35781_407776903852_565113852_4414763_8300499_n.jpg

Roof would have been fine if they had rolled it back over, they caused the scratches to it and bent it in. Was not pleased.

You expected to fix that up after the last picture? That car was a goner as soon as you hit the first verge. Even if the roof looked fine, I wouldn't be very happy fixing and driving that when there could be all sorts of broken things you have overlooked. I.e. Chassis, Suspension

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Please tell me you're not saying that they (towing company) tipped the scales from repairable to write off are you? I think you managed that all by yourself.

I'm still PMSLing at "they scratched the roof".

You rolled the f**ker over!

Anyone got any T-Cut? Oh wait. Don't scratch it!

dsc02460s.jpg

Jap Box
I did cause some scratches, but not much as the roll was when the car was at a stop, ahh well, got it back now to break for spares.

Had it looked at and there's only cosmetic damage to it because the impact wasn't huge :)

Jap Box
Cosmetic is the roof. The engine, suspension etc is all fine. Roll didn't even chip the sunroof.

Got my eye on another PH1 now that's local, will be able to salvage some parts from this that its needing so all should be fine :) will be in same insurance group too so not as much problem there.

SG9 Forester STi
Glad you're alright.

Know how you feel it's gutting but least you have plans to get another car sorted :)

Jap Box
Glad you're alright.

Know how you feel it's gutting but least you have plans to get another car sorted :)

Yeah :) got two I have my eye on, but rather the one that has a current MOT and Tax and no work done to it. But beggars can't be choosers :p

Goliath I
Theres recovery garage next to us, thought it might've been thet one

Anyway, glad your ok mate... hopefully back on the road soon

2003 Clio 172
I still don't understand why the hell you let the recovery company take this to their compound - you should have told them to recover it to your house!

Jap Box
Theres recovery garage next to us, thought it might've been thet one

Anyway, glad your ok mate... hopefully back on the road soon

Ohhh, recovery place was Penllain garage. About 25mins from St. Clears

I still don't understand why the hell you let the recovery company take this to their compound - you should have told them to recover it to your house!

I didn't. I had no choice in the matter. None of them spoke to me, just dragged car away on its roof and left me their card and a £250 bill.

lol losing back end and tipping the car at 25? hmmmmm

I did, feel free to go up the bank yourself and test it out.

2003 Clio 172
In case this happens to anyone else and you don't think you have a choice in the matter - you do.

You can use the recovery company that the police will use or you can use your own recovery company. If your insurance is paying for it (If you are fully comp.) they will take it for assessment. If you are paying for it - you can have it recovered to your house, a friends house, local scrap yard or a garage of your choice.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Sorry but people saying "Tipping the car at 25mph is bullshit" You hit a steep bank at the right angle and i bet that's easily achievable.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It is easily achievable, Jason.

Just some people can't tie their shoe laces in the morning. Hence the replies.