ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WTF is this!!!

Lee

BMW M2C

I know a guy who did something similar to a Lotus Elise. Apparently it was a very common thing to do!!

He still could have painted the tin though!

So you dont think cardboard will work then? ;)

Skoda Fabia vRS

ok it might look a bit daft but it works..........

better than an open K&N filter anywayz, its like a Cadburys Viper hehe.......

i just waitin for BenR to see this & make a comment about the air filter i made !!!!

give the guy a break guys....after all...they do say that "roses grow on you" !!

& your car by the looks of things !!

"clearly a real induction kit is vastly supirior"

What do you think is inside it?

Good on him I say! Beats paying £200 for a viper... Could do with a lick of paint though!

hehehehe..............

i love the talk of thermo conductivity and heat soak.........hahah!!!!

does its job.......i guess........but hows it held on and hows it dealed....the tins open at the bottom?

oh well, who cares..........

and Fatherted is right, a lampshade/welder and 1.2 K&N work better...........oh! dont forget the zip ties!

you know the saying.......-100 quid per zip tie under the bonnet.....so Mark, you owe me 400 quid to take the car off yer hands! hahahaha

the induction kit is mine! yes thats right i own up to the mess lol!

i was only trying it to see if it works and the car does seem to be a bit more repsonsive

i admit it would look alot better if i painted it but not a lot of point in doing that if it wasnt going to stay on.

A hole was caust in the lig for the k+ns base to go thorugh i then siliconed the two to tohether so there were no air leeks. the put the jubilee clip on and put the k+n on as normal just with the lid around the base. THen placed the box ontop cuts holes for the air feeds and siliconed them in. It has cost me nothing as i had all the stuff all ready. It was only a trial thing.

BMW 320d Sport

LOL Thats top notch! Putting looks aside for a moment, best thing to insulate it from heat on a budget would be to cover the whole thing in tin foil with a layer of something else in between the foil and the tin itself. AS long as its sealed underneath I cant see why it shouldnt work. OK obviously theres the comedy value of having an old tin of Roses as part of your induction kit, but who cares, at least youre trying! Dont paint it matt black anyway, that might well radiate heat well, but it also absorbs heat better. The idea of black on the inside, silver on the outside wouldnt work cos the silver outside would kind of prevent heat transfer outwards.

Mr2 Roadster

It would work so good on you for trying, better that than neon lights and all the rest of the max mods!

Well arent you all a bunch of retards then.

Like I said in that thread paint it and sell it for 200 quid as its now a sealed induction kit.

The diff between that and a viper apart from location is f**k all.

It does its job and I am sure you will all take the piss when you see proper racing cars like the XR2s etc etc using half a tin some hoover hose and a seive as a filter.

Twonks.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Thank you very very much for......... Thank you very very very very very very very very much!!

And the tin is upside down do you think he is trying to hide something??????

OR NOT!!!!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Chris_H on 01 July 2003

Well arent you all a bunch of retards then.

Speak for yourself. Most peoples comments (inc. my own) are that itd work fine but looks funny. Ive never know anyone in 2 years on these forums to have their head stuck as far up their own arse as yours is.

Twonks.

Okay....... :confused:

yeah - most comments were amusing but not negative! I dont really appreciate being called names over the internet for not sl*gging anyone off! So it may work I didnt say it wouldnt!!???????????????????????????????

Fair play i say!!

Whos the t**ser really - £200 for a viper or your mums old roses tin and a bit of mastic, stroll on!!!

If someone went to all the trouble of making up a heat sheild out of metal, plastic etc, everyone would say it was good - presumably if it works hes going to give it a lick of paint anyway?!

Dont see the peoblem with a IK in a sweat tin, after all citroen have been putting whole engines and seats in biscuit tins for ages....;)

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 01 July 2003

does its job.......i guess........but hows it held on and hows it dealed....the tins open at the bottom?
looks like he cut the lid to fit over the IK, so basically the tin sits perfectly onto the lid and is a bloody good seal!?

Got to admit i like the theory! RTs are sh*te for cold air feeds usually