ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WWDC 2011 & iOS5

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Re: WWDC 2011

If you want a reliable, useable phone you lot shouldn't be running beta's.

I swear most in this thread think the beta is a way of having the full release early, when it really isn't.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Same way I upgraded to iOS5b1, shift/option restore and if that fails enter DFU mode.

Citroen DS3 DSport

If you want a reliable, useable phone you lot shouldn't be running beta's.

I swear most in this thread think the beta is a way of having the full release early, when it really isn't.

It's a bit of both to be honest, for the last 2 years most of the beta releases have been fairly stable and more than usable well in advance of the final public release. Battery drain issues and other minor usability bugs usually occur in the very early beta releases and improve fairly fast, with any luck iOS5 b3 or b4 will be better and at that time I'll consider using it full time.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

ios4b1 was megashit, B2 didnt even work from memory.

Rav4

Havent managed to install it yet, keeps giving me a 3002 error, will check it out later tonight.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

So whats the point in these dev accounts? Is the point for you to figure out the problems before general release?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

Obviously developer

People with a developer account do not work for Apple. Whats the advantage for you to use ios5 early?

Obviously developer

People with a developer account do not work for Apple. Whats the advantage for you to use ios5 early?

Its used for developers to test their apps with new functionallity and API's. The general foundations are in place for them to do this.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

b2 is considerably better than b1, b1 had some horrific bugs in email that seem to have been fixed.

Given the timeframe of the "mobile notifier" guy joining Apple, it was obvious that the change to the notification system was a last minute rush job (they've cleaned up their appearance on the lock screen in b2 because they looked plain nasty in b1). I guess there will be a fair amount of evolution throughout the beta phase.

AK

M240i

Is it just me that gets Tapatalk issues? Everytime I post it seems to cut off half the screen from then on till I completely close and reopen the application.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Is it just me that gets Tapatalk issues? Everytime I post it seems to cut off half the screen from then on till I completely close and reopen the application.

Rotate the screen from portrait to landscape and then back again and it should fix itself.

AK

M240i

b2 is much better, much more responsive atm.

Liking that the notification centre now includes up coming appointments from the calendar.

Rav4

Thanks for that, seems to have fixed that, now getting error 21.

Tried on a different login on the mac, but still having the same issue.

Looked on google, but no concrete answers, any thoughts?

Thanks,

G.

AK

M240i

I was getting an error or 2 updating, turns out there was a new Beta for iTunes that I had to download.

Rav4

I was getting an error or 2 updating, turns out there was a new Beta for iTunes that I had to download.

AK = legend.

This has sorted out the issue, some people were using the latest non beta iTunes version hence why I was confused.

Downloaded and installed the beta version and it's now installing.

Thanks buddy, owe you a beer or two!

G.

DB.

BMW 440i

Haven't heard that mate. Anyone else?

Landed myself a job as an accountant at Rolls Royce and Goodrich but don't get paid until the 20th of August. I will be purchasing my iMac on that date, can't wait :)

Rav4

Landed myself a job as an accountant at Rolls Royce and Goodrich but don't get paid until the 20th of August. I will be purchasing my iMac on that date, can't wait :)

Stop bragging about your job ;) and using an iMac as an excuse .......

AK

M240i

Congrats :D.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Nice update. I won't talk about it here but it addresses one of my biggest issues with iOS. Very happy