ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WWDC 2011 & iOS5

Tesla MP3 2021
Re: WWDC 2011

That sounds so dirty! :eek:

lol

I would, but don't have a clue what to do afterwards lol.

All here....

Guide

http://www.thinkingcap.com.au/news/guide-installing-ios-5-beta

Download Link
http://download.imodzone.net/#

Remove Host File

Detailed instructions:

1. Open Terminal, then type the following:

Code:
sudo nano /etc/hosts
2. Find this line in your hosts file and delete it:

Code:
74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
3. Alternatively, If you want to preserve the line, you can place a '#' at the start of the line to ignore it, so it looks like this:

Code:
#74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
4. Press control+o and hit enter to save.

5. Try your update again.

They'll ask you for your device ID. Which means your iPhone isn't rejected when you try and install. No idea how they let you get to the file though. Unless you have to do that bit yourself.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi

I got a slot off of eBay, was painless.

The seller just added my serial number to his account - simples!

RB One Eight Two

Thanks guys, I will give it ago. Not that good when it comes to things like this so I may give up half way through, and just wait until it is released properly lol.

Ibiza FR

I got it on my iPad, paid a guy a £5 to add me on his account for lifetime, so I can get io6 in the future :)

AK

M240i
5ec37202-7599-138a.jpg

Love the notification centre :D

Tesla MP3 2021

Yeah it is good, and its become second nature already with me. Its great just having a list of notifications rather than having things pop up left right and centre interrupting what you are trying to do!

BG 182

i have just got ios 5. paid £1.60 off a guy on ebay!!! however i cannot setup imessenger, it keeps saying unable to verify email as its already in use? any one got any ideas?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1

iOS 5 beta 2 is up peeps. Haven't Installed it yet, just to note it obviously cannot be done via the software update in settings.

AK

M240i

iOS 5 beta 2 is up peeps. Haven't Installed it yet, just to note it obviously cannot be done via the software update in settings.

Can you update it by just plugging it into iTunes or do you need to download the beta 2 from somewhere first?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1

Can you update it by just plugging it into iTunes or do you need to download the beta 2 from somewhere first?

As with all betas you need to get it from the apple dev site or elsewhere unofficially. Means shift/option restore which isn't as bad as it used to be, now with the cloud it's no big deal

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1

Plenty out there it seems. Didn't someone post a link in this thread? Might have been removed?

Tesla MP3 2021

I presume you do it via a restore again and find the beta 2 ipsw file.

Absolutely awful battery life on Beta 2, either going to go back to Beta 1 or 4.3, on just over half now with a full nights charge and only music playing. iCloud is off apart from Find My iPhone, Wifi and Location services is off on the majority of my apps.

Last edited:
  Rav4

I've finally managed to get registered as a developer, taken me 3 weeks (done it as a business) anyhow, I was going through the licensing and it states the following;

Devices updated to iOS 5 beta can not be restored to earlier versions of iOS. Devices will be able to upgrade to future beta releases and the final iOS 5 software.

I read this as I could not go back to 4.3, so do my colleagues. I don't so how they can stop you though, could anyone explain please ? :) (Tom, if you, be gentle please!)

I've finally managed to get registered as a developer, taken me 3 weeks (done it as a business) anyhow, I was going through the licensing and it states the following;

Devices updated to iOS 5 beta can not be restored to earlier versions of iOS. Devices will be able to upgrade to future beta releases and the final iOS 5 software.

I read this as I could not go back to 4.3, so do my colleagues. I don't so how they can stop you though, could anyone explain please ? :) (Tom, if you, be gentle please!)

Just because Apple say you can't doesn't mean its impossible ;)

It's not that you're not allowed, it's that it won't actually allow you to do it because of the differences in software. It is possibly if you do it manually though.

I actually find beta2's battery life better than beta1

Wish I did. Although beta 1 was worse then 4.3 I could at least get a full day out of it. Beta 2 went down to 10% just before I left work at 5pm and was able to plug it into my car.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I gave up with beta 1 and restored my iPhone to 4.3 again in iTunes. I'll skip beta 2 and possibly await the final release.