ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XBox 360 Does Not Recognize My iPod Anymore

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Right ages ago I noticed that my Ipod Video would never get recognized on my 360.. Even though it was working fine before that. I thought it might be my Ipod, so I eased everything i.e. Music etc.. and re-installed Itunes. Put my Music back on and still my Xbox 360 wouldn't recognize my Ipod. I do get the Message "Do Not Disconnect".

Anyway I did a quick search and found this:

http://www.selfproclaimedexpert.com/?p=497

Sounds like its a common problem??. Anybody else have an issue like this?.

Has the ipod support download been deleted?

No its still there... I haven't a clue what else to try?. I have tried all the USB Ports and my 360 went back to Microsoft for the Red Rings, so changed the Motherboard and its still not being recognized. I might try and re-download the Ipod Support though...

Deleted the Ipod Media Update and re-downloaded it and its the same :(... My Ipod works fine coneected to the PC, so I know the jack/lead isn't damaged..

Also found this out on another forum..(http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=119295)

"if you have updated the ipod to the newest and most recent it wont play the ipod, it wont play mine either from what i heard the new ipod firmwares from apple block the 360 from loading it"

Last edited:
Just been doing a lot of searching on the net and found that it seems to happen when you update your Ipod Firmware. For some reason Apple have released Firmware updates that make your 360 not recognize your Ipod.

I have been able to Roll Back the Ipod Firmware by using the original CD that I got when I bought it to 1.0v… I think it all started when they released Firmware Version 1.2?.

I have now tried it on my Xbox 360 and it now shows up :).