ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox 360 fix...

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Right, I'm a bit pissed off right now; I'll explain. I bought a new Xbox 360 Slim just before Christmas, but unfortunately I bought it from HMV. I now have a problem where from the second it is turned on the fan is running at full power, which is making it far too loud to use. I'm pretty fucked off to be honest; because I've only had it about 2 months, and already it has a problem - I can't get HMV to replace it, so I'm gonna have to get it sent to Microsoft under their warranty; which is a major ballache - about a month before I get it back. They also state that they'll either repair it, or give me a replacement refurbished console.

Surely that's not fair; a refurbished console as a replacement for a barely used 2 month old console? I've racked up maybe 50 hours max in use since I've had it.

Has anyone else dealt with MS warranty before? Or has anyone ever had a similar problem with the fan running at full speed? Any advice/help appreciated.

AG 200 cup
i sent my old xbox off about 4 years again to mircosoft was rather easy they arange the postage etc. and if I remember I was only without it for just over a week and got a free month xbox live aswell.

Corsa SXi
Microsoft repaired my original xbox crystal and xbox 360 elite fairly quickly IIRC also my old elite fan was really loud, my slim is whisper quiet most of the time

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
M$ are pretty sh*t hot at sorting stuff out. They have fixed two of my 360's for free and sent them back very quickly when they suffered the RROD.

My latest 360 Elite Japser model has been fine though and I've had that quite a while now. Saying that, the disc reading noise is quite loud but installing to HD sorts that, as it only reads from the disc for about 30 seconds.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i wouldn't worry about it, you'll get a fixed xbox with equivalent if not more warranty.

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
You'll get back an Xbox that you couldn't tell if it was returned it not. I've had 3 fixed and they all were refurb units I got back - all still working to this day from the initial launch.

My original Xbox got the RROD and I had it replaced by MS about 3 years after buying it, took less than 2 weeks to get it back. Not bad considering it had to go to Germany and back.

As has already been said, the refurbished units are as good as new.