ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox 360 - non-official wireless adapter?

Hi

Just managed to get my hands on a 360 at last and I want to link it to my wireless home network - but I don't want to pay 60 quid to Mr Gates. Can I use any old adapter? My main PC uses a 17 quid Belkin USB adapter from Argos that works fine - so my question is, can I use that (or another one of those) on the 360 just by connecting it to one of the USB sockets it has?

I guess I might be better finding a 360 forum to ask this on, but my fellow cliosporters have never let me down before....

Cheers,

Gary

dk

911 GTS Cab
i have the MS one for the 360 and i must say it is very good, literally plugged it in and didn't have to do anything further to make make it work, so easy and is fast.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Honestly, no I dont think it will work.. they are highly unlikely to have included drivers for anything other than their wireless adapter.

Lee

BMW M2C
As far as I know any wireless bridge can be used, but I chose to buy the MS one as it's powered by the console and attaches to it, otherwise I'd have another box and another thing to plug in.

Cheers all. Yep, it's the driver compatibility and the extra plug that put me off and make me think that I can't avoid the inevitable. Ta muchly.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
I use a US Robotics 5430 gaming bridge. I prefer the idea of it being a standalone bit of kit.