ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox 360 red lights

F56 MINI Cooper S
Turned on xbox 360 which hasnt been used for ages now, few months hardly ever use it, so I turn it on and 3 red lights are flashing around the circle. Its not working basically and nothing is happening, so i've turned it off etc but still doing it. whats the matter with the peice of s**t thing?

Astra Twintop
Red Ring Of Doom

Need to contact microsoft & arrange for it to be collected, they should send you a new one.

Providing its within warranty.

Astra Twintop
Red Ring Of Doom

Need to contact microsoft & arrange for it to be collected, they should send you a new one.

Providing its within warranty.

Now Sold :-(
If it's out of warranty easy to fix yourself. Few machine screws, washers and thermal paste. Think it cost me about £10 to do mine. Loads of info on the web. Even videos on YouTube.
Common problem. Springs used to hold the heat sink on are not strong enough and cause the thermal paste to lose contact with the chips.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
bit of a joke how it has just gone, not like it gets over heated or anything.

You dont have to put it in the microwave for it to overheat..

Something to go with the solder becoming slightly softer under operating temperatures causing the contacts to be come weak over the PCB.

Wack in it a towel and leave it on for 10 mins or so, should do the trick. Will last about 30 mins though.

Best bet is to buy a new one. Cheap as chips now anyway, can get a 250GB for around £150.

meaning what?

not in warranty had it about 6 years, surely it cant just break

You would be surprised..

F56 MINI Cooper S
Not like it only lasts for a certain time, should be relaible not breaking. like i say it rarely gets used