ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox 360 warranty for previous repairs

My 360 elite had the 3 rings fault 14 mnoths after I bought it. I was out of the 12 months warranty, but as the 3 rings are covered for 3 years, I got it repaired for free. Great I thought.

The Motherboard was replaced, along with the DVD drive - which wasnt faulty IMO, but meh. All free!

A few months later, I get a fault, where games crash after a few minutes and the console states that the 'disk may be dirty' - I have 35 games, They aren't all dirty!!

So I gather I have a DVD drive fault. Which they replaced a few months before.

Now, are they obliged to give a warranty, on replacement parts? It was less than a year ago I sent it off.

I have emailed them, and got given a number to ring, yet before about 6 hours of talking to americans that dont actually have a clue, and spending loads on telephone calls from my mobile, wondered if anyone on here had done simular, or heard if I am entitled to a free repair

:star:

Most places offer a warranty on repairs, but I don't know how long. It can range from 14 days to a year.

In case of a future search by someone.

The answer to the question:

"When an xbox 360 is repaired, is the warranty extended?"

The answer is yes, but only for 3 months.

Which is a bit of a bummer in my case!

Hmmm slimline ps3 release meaning lower prices on the ps3 near christmas... Tempting!

Just send it back as having 3 rings off death?

But if it gets there and they find out it doesnt have that, won't they hold on to my console until I pay the 83 quid for repairs?

Hmm. Or I could leave the 360 on for about a week and hope it overheats

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
£83? Surely they'll just send it back if it's not RRODs