ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Data Transfer cable.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Bought one off eBay. Do they work with macs?

What's the procedure to transfer all my s**t.

Thanks chaps.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I bought one when i bought a bigger HD.

Just plugged it into the xbox, plugged the other HD in and then it copied them automatically.

It will do the same on your mac from what ive read ?

Are you just wanting to back them up or copy saves from the internet onto your xbox ?

Sam!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I've just bought a bigger HD so need to trans the saved games from my old one to my new one.

So do you save all the stuff onto your desktop for example then plug the new HD in and trans it?

'04 Clio 1.6
Just plug the new HDD into the cable, and the other end of it into your xbox with the old HDD, you can move everything from there.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Should be able to transfer the saved games over with a memory stick, I think.

Or use the cloud storage if you have internet connection.

'04 Clio 1.6
Memory stick would take too long if he's got a lotta stuff. Besides, he already owns a transfer cable. New HDD -Transfer Cable- Old Xbox with old HDD, pop the disc that should have come with it and it will do everything for you.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Don't need a pooter at all.

1. Disk in Xbox (should have a disc, for obvious reasons)
2. Plug transfer cable into New HDD and front of Xbox
3. Pick what to transfer (just press all)
4. Press go
5. Play gaemz.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I plugged my new HDD into the transfer cable, put the old one onto the Xbox.

Did a transfer so it's now showing my old HDD as empty and the "storage device" as having stuff on it but when I then turn off the Xbox and put the new HDD onto the top of the Xbox it can't find the device, it doesn't register I have a HDD on!?

'04 Clio 1.6
Is it plugged in correctly? Make sure its attached completely.

Also, what Xbox do you currently own? And have you bought the correct HDD? (S Xbox HDDs wont work in the original 360/Elites)

'04 Clio 1.6
Thats very odd. Check your old HDD again see if it picks it up. If it does, its possible that the HDD is faulty. And you may want to transfer it back over to the oldun.

Shouldnt need formatting, but yeah give it a go mate.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Trans'd it all back to the old one which it picks up fine.

Still won't see the new one so I'll take it back to Game.

Another quick query. When I plug the trans cable in with the new HDD Connected with it, it says it has 15GB free but it's a 120GB HDD.

What's that about?

Thanks alot btw!

'04 Clio 1.6
Now that is VERY odd.

Usually with a 120GB you get about 110 to actually use. The other 10 is taken up by general system stuff and just things the HDD actually needs to work, that goes for any HDD in the world, Xbox or not.

But if its saying only 15GB is free, then its definately faulty. Was the HDD brand new when you bought it? Should be since its from GAME, but it could also be a second hand item.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Pre owned!

They must not have checked it properly when it was handed in.

I'll take it back this week.

'04 Clio 1.6
Thats it then bud, I'd stay well away from any pre-owned hardware from GAME at the moment considering they've only just got back up off thier feet and IF they were to go under again soon, you'd be up a rather brown creek and Hard Drives dont make good paddles.

'04 Clio 1.6
No worries mate, unfortunately its hard to buy the bigger xbox HDD's anymore because MS shifted over to the Slim versions. Just had a look on Amazon for you and they hardly have anything that isnt pre-owned.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Turns out I made the mistake of formatting the HDD it appears. Which it asks you to do to use it with an Xbox.

Which is why it reduce the size! Think it must be something to do with the aftermarket trans cable.

f**k sake!

Anyone got an official cable?

Dodgy one
The ebay ones are a waste of time, can be known to corrupt drives somehow apparantly theres a file on the hard drive that needs to be copied over which is hidden (ive no idea, i couldnt get the ebay one to work either)

Walked into game, bought a new one, waited, used it, boxed it up and reused the security seal, returned at another store with the excuse my one off ebay turned up which i was waiting for.

Job done, pikey yeah but its a rip off for a cable you only use the once!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
That what I must have done. Will try return it this weekend!

If they don't take it back I've got a lovely £35 door stop.

FFSNAKE!!!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Although I have been reading up on the net and it's happened to ALOT of people.

Apparently a program called Xplorer 360 can sort it in conjunction with your PC.

Thankfully I have an iMac so I can't even sort it myself.

FACK FACK AND FACK!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

All I want to do is play BF AK!

This is making me want to throw my Xbox through my TV.

If I don't get it sorted in the next few weeks I'll contemplate just selling It all.

SRS! Doing my swede in.

AK

M240i
All I want to do is play BF AK!

This is making me want to throw my Xbox through my TV.

If I don't get it sorted in the next few weeks I'll contemplate just selling It all.

SRS! Doing my swede in.

Is that the TV that's broke :eek:?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
No the f**king HDD's being fucked.

Mines too small for the new maps so I can't update it.

I'm just that fucked off with it.