ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox elite controller ?

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Hi.. As title..for the Xbox one. Has anyone got one of these ? Worth the money ?
I'm not a "hard core gamer" but if it is that much better I could be persuaded!! 🙈

Last edited:

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
The pro controller? I didn't think they've been released yet?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
The Elite controller is superb mate, and can be setup / mapped as you desire. Unless you spend a fair amount of time on the console and are prepared to set up your profiles then I would just stick to the standard item. It is a fair chunk of money. Feels good though!

Honda. Tesla Someday
@DeeKay86 was going on about them iirc when they were announced.
Hello!
Yep I have one and its brilliant! The amount you can customise this thing is great! Really does make a difference and I've loved using it so far. Also comes with a hard carry case and honestly the whole thing is quality! Don't think I can go back to using a standard control now tbh!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Way too expensive imo. Afaik the button mapping etc is coming for all controllers at some point too but maybe that was false info.

I put a fair amount of time into gaming, probably too much time if I'm honest and don't see how I could justify spending near half the price of the xbox on a controller. I'm sure it's good if you got the money to splash but other than that not really worth it.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Way too expensive imo. Afaik the button mapping etc is coming for all controllers at some point too but maybe that was false info
I thought that at first then saw the price of some of the high-end equivalent controllers available... and this makes the price a lot more palatable. Sure, I agree it's a lot of money but for the right person I think it's a worthwhile investment. It's actually a very nice thing to hold (although I think the standard pad is also real nice anyway).

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I thought that at first then saw the price of some of the high-end equivalent controllers available... and this makes the price a lot more palatable. Sure, I agree it's a lot of money but for the right person I think it's a worthwhile investment. It's actually a very nice thing to hold (although I think the standard pad is also real nice anyway).

Yeah I'd definitely have to hold one and play a few games with it before I bought it. Thing is I don't think I'd even use the shifters etc on Forza it would probably confuse me and slow me down lol.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Heard nothing but good things. I'm getting one for Christmas off Santa. F*ck paying that much for one myself.

Reactions: AK
  Clio
Yeah, nice one. Santa the pensioner gets mugged off again. Everyone is like "oh yeah, santa can get me one".

Poor sod should be allowed to enjoy his retirement and spend is money on what he wants, not freezing his b****cks off up by the pole for 51.6 weeks a year. Do you even know what the winter fuel allowance is now adays?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah, nice one. Santa the pensioner gets mugged off again. Everyone is like "oh yeah, santa can get me one".

Poor sod should be allowed to enjoy his retirement and spend is money on what he wants, not freezing his b****cks off up by the pole for 51.6 weeks a year. Do you even know what the winter fuel allowance is now adays?

I didn't think about that. I'll go grab a controller myself after work.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Just (finally) got round to completing my Xbox One Elite Controller Review! Hope it helps anyone who is on the fence :cool:

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I've watched a lot of unboxings and I've done a few myself as a joke for friends..

I laugh my ar5e off when you get the product out the box and then take the product out of shot and carry on talking about the box for 10 minutes..

I did an unboxing of my Milwaukee 18v 6 piece kit with 2 batteries and bag, I went as far as climbing inside the box and flapping around like a mermaid..

Skip past the boxes ffs...

Honda. Tesla Someday
I've watched a lot of unboxings and I've done a few myself as a joke for friends..

I laugh my ar5e off when you get the product out the box and then take the product out of shot and carry on talking about the box for 10 minutes..

I did an unboxing of my Milwaukee 18v 6 piece kit with 2 batteries and bag, I went as far as climbing inside the box and flapping around like a mermaid..

Lol to be fair I didn't spend much time on the box this time!! Gotta admit though, that was one sexy box!!! :tonguewink:

Edit: please provide video evidence of you inside a box as a mermaid! I neeeeeeeed to see it!!

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
the elite is old news, button mapping, d pad discs, rear paddles, different sized sticks, changeable sticks have all been covered and even the hard case..

I have my 4th scuf in 11 months arriving tomorrow I hope, I do know if it's just the ps4 one that a pain in the ring or the Xbox also.. Lucky they are under warranty and just a postman away..

I might do another unboxing..

In fact I might check my old iPhone and see if I kept the original one..

330i. E30 Touring.

Is this you?

Clio
@DeeKay86 have you ever unboxed anything and just slated it from start to finish? If you have. Link me up.

I'm off to search youtube for best unboxing videos ever.

Honda. Tesla Someday
f**k Yeah! Deekay unboxing vid. Its like Xmas has come early.
Gonna watch in a minute when the office quitens down.

LOL!! I appreciate your enthusiasm!

Interesting fact: The 'viewer' I spoke about at the start who laughs at how excited I get about boxes was YOU!

@DeeKay86 have you ever unboxed anything and just slated it from start to finish? If you have. Link me up.

Erm.... I don't believe I have lol! Mainly because unlike other Youtubers I BUY everything I review, its not sent to me 'for review' at no cost! Therefore I tend to buy things that I know I will like! I'll try to make one though just to even the odds a bit lol!

Thanks for the comments! :)

Clio 182
The scuf controllers are quite possibly the worst made item ever. Daves busted 4 and I've just took out my 2nd in under 12 months.
Once the new one lands it's hitting eBay.
To charge £150 for a £35 controller and make it repeatedly fail is rubbish.
eBay is littered with broken ones too.
I'm glad Microsoft has taken the idea and made it work properly.
Let's hope Sony follow suit.

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm getting one for xmas after reading a lot of positive reviews. A couple of my friends have them and really pleased with them. Considering getting the charge stand too.
It is expensive but I play most days and don't actually buy many games so I look at it as a fun purchase for my hobby - like golfers buy themselves new clubs, this is the equivalent :)

Mito Sportiva 135
Haha.

I saw it on Amazon for £110 - think my mrs is buying me one for Xmas. I heard they're sold out everywhere at the moment though - not looked myself but it Amazon doesn't have it then I usually just wait for them to restock.

Like tyres for your car, the controller is what connects you to the game so it does make a difference I think. As does a good headset.

Clio 182
Scuf number 3 arrived today. The square button doesn't work on this one. These things are beyond a joke and not worth wasting any time or cash on.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Buy the Elite, quality is outstanding!!

Will it plug into a ps4...

Looks like I'm stuck with the scufs, I'm actually rocking 2 now, one made to my spec with 2 domed medium sticks and the newer paddles as the old were poo.. (£58 to convert my oe controller with a week turnaround) Then my replacement came back from Lime360 who have been brilliant both times I've needed them..

I'd flog my spare but I'm 99.9% sure I'll be needing it within 6 months, but so long as they're in warranty, I'll keep sending them back

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Well, my new scuf lasted 1 month and it's not been abused at all.. Right trigger has broken free of the scuf replacement rear panels hinge.. Hope my other new scuf lasts till the repair comes back, I'd hate to have 2 broken scufs..

Toot toot, all aboard the failbus.

Clio 182
I hate everything abut scuf these days. They can't take a decent controller and make t worse then charge 5x more.

How is that even possible and why are people still buying into it.