ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox One - Kinect TV Mounts?

Anyone got a tv mount for their Kinect 2.0 ?

My tv cabinet is only about a foot off the floor and it's a bit too low - plus I want to get a soundbar in the new year, so really want to mount the kinect on top of the TV

Microsoft recommend a kit by PDP - http://www.pdp.com/Kinect-TV-Mount-Xbox-One/dp/B00FYMTUQY
But it's not for sale anywhere in the UK that I can find.

There's a couple of cheapo ones on ebay but not sure if they'd be any good and don't fancy my Kinect falling off

Mk3 1.4 clio
Same as mate only place I can put it is on top of my tv.
e4ahuram.jpg

I'm afraid of it falling off.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The ORB is the same one as the Game one, just different packaging. It doesn't fit properly, so don't get that one.

gorillapod?

Just tried that - works really well but a bit chunky as my gorillapod is the big DSLR Zoom version.
But a light stand works too!

Cloud2go%2027%20Dec%202013%2014%3A19.jpg

Haha

Think i'll leave it like that till the proper one comes out, the accessories for xbox one seem to be thin on the ground at the moment :(

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Just tried that - works really well but a bit chunky as my gorillapod is the big DSLR Zoom version.
But a light stand works too!

Cloud2go%2027%20Dec%202013%2014%3A19.jpg

Haha

Think i'll leave it like that till the proper one comes out, the accessories for xbox one seem to be thin on the ground at the moment :(

How big is the base of the light stand? I've been thinking of doing this for a while but haven't got much room behind my AV units.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
How doesn't it fit exactly?

Kinect.jpg

The raised plastic the kinect sits over should click into the bottom of the kinect. It's the wrong size so doesnt click in so your sensor is effectively just sitting on it rather than secured to it.

If you look on amazon apparently some of the orb ones were sold with the wrong size connector

If you email them they'll send you a replacement

It put me off as it seems very 50/50 whether you get a good one or not

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If you look on amazon apparently some of the orb ones were sold with the wrong size connector

If you email them they'll send you a replacement

It put me off as it seems very 50/50 whether you get a good one or not

Just seen that now in one of the reviews, might fire off an email and see if I get one.

Cheers

Yaris Hybrid
Just grabbed my Kinect at either end and waggled it up and down from each side.

I waggled it hard enough to know that if the TV took a knock when I was un-drawing the curtains or something the Kinect wouldn't fall off.

Guess I got one of the correct sized models. I do remember they weren't available briefly when I ordered mine and there was talk of their being a design flaw with early models.

I'd forgotten about that but I remember now that I didn't have the Kinect on top of my TV at launch because the stand was temporarily unavailable.

It came a week or so later after I'd got my PS4.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just grabbed my Kinect at either end and waggled it up and down from each side.

I waggled it hard enough to know that if the TV took a knock when I was un-drawing the curtains or something the Kinect wouldn't fall off.

Guess I got one of the correct sized models. I do remember they weren't available briefly when I ordered mine and there was talk of their being a design flaw with early models.

I'd forgotten about that but I remember now that I didn't have the Kinect on top of my TV at launch because the stand was temporarily unavailable.

It came a week or so later after I'd got my PS4.

It makes sense as I bought mine the day after release, and read about problems with them on AVForums that week too.

I'll see what Game say.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
^^^ My TV is too thin to use blu-tack - littttttle bit too pikey for me...

Mine cost me a grand total of £1.58 if I had been patient it would of only cost 85p, I couldn't wait though, stayed on this whole time has never come off well happy with it. Worked for over a year with my xbox 360 kinect camera as well lol here is the link for it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0001OZI70/?tag=cliospnet01-21

(ghetto mount all the way lol)

^^^ My TV is too thin to use blu-tack - littttttle bit too pikey for me...

Ditto. WTF?

My LED jobby is about 8mm thick lol