ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xbox one steering wheel compatibility

Renault Clio 172
Just wondering if anyone knows whether my fanatec csr steering wheel will work on the xbox one, i know its a long shot but i'll be abit gutted if it dont considering it'll be £600+ worth of gear being out of date

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I recall hearing that Fanatec had signed-up with Microsoft and were looking to produce new hardware compatible with Xbox One. Interestingly, they were also looking at proving an add-on base of some description to allow existing Fanatec hardware to work with the Xbox One... by effectively replacing the old system's security chip with a new one (the security chip is needed to provide the verification/handshake with the console). Might be worth having a search for more information or getting in touch with Fanatec, especially after spending so much already on their equipment.

Renault Clio 172
Had a quick read up about this security chip and it looks like it might be going ahead so will just have to wait and see, still going for the xbox though as forza 5 looks brilliant