ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XBOX or PS3

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
My XBOX broke again, that was the third one I was on and is now out of warranty... So I know I cannot live without a console but do I opt for a change and get a ps3 or do I get another 360. Tbh I'm not best pleased.

Polo + Micra
three thats some good going lol

there has got to be a reason why you replaced the first 2 that broke?;)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, they were in warranty and free. They now want to charge me £80 to fix it but with 1 years gold membership and an additional 1 year warranty. Tbh you can get a premium for £150 with games from Argos and by the time I have sold what I don't want and factor in with a new unit I get 3 year warranty for when it again inevitably breaks again rather than costing me I think it's a better deal to do that.

However, should I have a change? I do like Xbox and do play online a bit. I think the only thing I will miss just now is Forza 3. Also with all these breakages it's putting me right off.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
You have to ask yourself why you've had 3, its because its the turd console for you :)

Mine broke once but I forgive it ;)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I've had both and now have none but now call of duty is out I'm getting another, think I'm going ps3 as it's easier for wireless and there only 200 quid at sainsburys for the slim 120 gb 1.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Ive had 1 xbox 360 since december 2005. Either your unlucky or suffocating them?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I've had 1 Xbox 360 since December 2005. Either you're unlucky or suffocating them?

Not really. All have sat on wooden or glass TV units away from the wall and well ventilated, I really don't know why I have had 3 or why they break.

The 3 I have had are over 5 years as I got it when it was released. The first went within a year, the second lasted 2 years and this one has been again about two years.

I am certainly more thinking of getting a PS3 for the Blu Ray and I guess they are more unlikely to break after two years. I think the graphics are supposed to be marginally better too?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
TBH, the newer XBOX 360's are so much more reliable. I don't see how they are braking so much. Have they all been RROD? I keep mine on it's own shelf with about 30cm space above with lots of space around it. I know i shouldnt have too but its only a matter of time before it goes! LOL

PS3's are s**t. My one is never used. You will miss your 360.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
It's obviously been a while but all the symptoms on the units have been freezing. This latest breakage doesn't have the 3 rings which I have had before. It just freezes after 5/10 minutes of play. At first I thought it was normal as it does happen from time to time but after 5 times of crashage on different days I think it's screwed.

So you have both? That's a shame you don't use it. Are the graphics any different?

argos is doing the 360 elite + forza 3 + fifa 10 + MW2 for £200 with a £10 argos voucher

i am a ps3 fan buy but if i was in the market i would go for that tbh

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
TBH, the newer XBOX 360's are so much more reliable. I don't see how they are braking so much. Have they all been RROD? I keep mine on it's own shelf with about 30cm space above with lots of space around it. I know i shouldnt have too but its only a matter of time before it goes! LOL

PS3's are s**t. My one is never used. You will miss your 360.

Is that all you have to say about it?

Tbh Jamie, if you want another xbox that goin to f**k up on you again & have to re-send it to microsoft just so they can fix their vcr's then its your decision,

iv had a xbox360 back when the came out but i didnt enjoy it as it was crap/cheap etc, ps3 just ticks all the boxes, handy as it has blu-ray as i buy them on occasions now which show just how good ps3 are,

People slatin the controller, if it does the job perfectly why change? the xbox is huge, may aswell use it as a paperweight,

What console does your mates have?

Audi TT 225 Quattro
PS3 , can add me as a friend then and get owned at mw2;) ( added bonus is you will have a bluray player:rasp:)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
That's what puts me off the xbox is all the freezing, mine was only months old and it was unbearable, my 60gb ps3 was perfect, should never have sold it. Now the slim line is out and suppossed to run much cooler I think any problems should have gone. 200 aswell from sainsburys. Bargain.

Well the last thread of this kind I recommended the 360 but tbh its clear on this occasion you need a PS3!

Polo + Micra
But what they dont say is if it breaks you have to send it to microsoft which will take 3-4 weeks to come back,

were as Sony will come and replace it the next day ;)

lol i waited 8 days for my xbox to come back so don't know where you got 3 weeks from;)

Typical fanboy BS.

My old xbox was collected within a day and back in under a week when I got the E74 failure.

More to the point it's a pretty sad individual who can't cope a week without a games console.

Clio 182 cup'd
But what they dont say is if it breaks you have to send it to microsoft which will take 3-4 weeks to come back,

Or take it back to Argos if its within 12 months?...people seem to have forgotten that its the reatailer who has the honour the warranty for 12 months!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Xboxs with that 3 light s**t go after about 2years so you cannot take it back under warranty of the seller, you have to deal with the supplier direct.

Also, mine did take about 4 weeks when sent back on both occasions to be fixed.

I'm also going to have a bash at fixing it myself, if I do f**k it up I will most likely get a PS3 for a change as I cannot be bothered with another Xbox breaking.

Has anyone fixed one or at least had a go themselves btw?

Got my PS3 aswell, i have made a list of 10 exclusive games i will own. And then its just a blu ray. The internet browser is cool as i can watch dragon ball on my tv (im going through all of them... call me sad) It was loads quieter and alot less heat.
That said the online isnt as smart as xbox live but xbox are well ahead time wise. Also i am not the biggest fan of the controller however i will get used to it. Also i can use the remote of my tv to control it as i have a sony bravia which is pretty damn cool too. Although the xbox will be my main gaming station, the ps3 has these games which i will defo buy. All in all its wicked.

Resistance (i now own)
Resistance 2
Uncharted (i own, havent played yet)
Uncharted 2
Little big planet (Ive ordered)
Kill Zone 2
Infamous
Metal gear
Silent hill home coming
Valkyria Chronicles

All in all ive had a real switch around, the xbox is superior if you look at it from a games point i.e. online etc however the ps3 offers loads in different areas. I got mine for £195 thanks to sneeks, its a close one.
Xbox games 2nd hand on ebay seem to be a little cheaper tho :)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I know a lad who fixed his ring of death jamie. Said summit about a hot towel wrapped around the console so I'm assumming it's a connexions problem inside from that. But it just buys time really as it doesn't work eventually.

I've got a 360 and a Wii and last Friday I bought one of those 20% off PS3s from Sainsbury's. I have to admit I am quite impressed with it, very quiet and nice build quality.
I primarily bought it for a blueray player (with a remote and Fast and Furious Blueray) it cost me £234.

Also bought bought Siren: Blood Curse (a bit like Silent Hill) for a tenner.

I'd recommend one.

I've got a 360 and a Wii and last Friday I bought one of those 20% off PS3s from Sainsbury's. I have to admit I am quite impressed with it, very quiet and nice build quality.
I primarily bought it for a blueray player (with a remote and Fast and Furious Blueray) it cost me £234.

Also bought bought Siren: Blood Curse (a bit like Silent Hill) for a tenner.

I'd recommend one.

+1

Defo dude

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

don't talk sh1t. its a week turnaround now. Plus i doubt sony will fix a PS3 3 years since it was bought.

Civic Type R