ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Series S - what do I need?

The kids want a next gen console for xmas and since the xbox series S is the only one thats available and probably will be in the near future, what are all the things that I need to get/setup to make sure we're good to go when they open it?

Console - for sure
2 controllers - at least
FIFA 22 - or I can forget the whole thing :ROFLMAO:

but what about things like Xbox games pass, Xbox live Gold, EA Play? They'll only play on the console, at least at the start, so cross cloud gaming probably isn't required.

And any accessories that make sense, I see lots of charging docks, or second batteries for controllers.

Any help/hints/pointers much appreciated 🙏

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
With the Xbox pass ultimate or whatever it is called, that includes game pass, ea play, and Xbox live all under one subscription I believe!

It does (y)

There is also a console only version of Gamepass for £7.99 a month rather than ultimate at £10.99 a month, which also includes PC games & cloud gaming, so if you don't need them get the cheaper one.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
As above i have the venom charging station for the controllers https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LS3ZCJG/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Are they sharing the console or getting one each? you can game share so you will only have to buy the game they want once but has to be a digital copy.

Might also be worth setting the console up before hand and installing the games or they will be in for a wait on Christmas morning :ROFLMAO:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Are they sharing the console or getting one each? you can game share so you will only have to buy the game they want once but has to be a digital copy.

No other option on the Series S, there's no optical drive! ;)

I'd also invest in an external USB HDD for more games storage, as you'll soon fill the internal 512gb HDD, there's actually only 364GB of useable space and Forza Horizon 5 is 109GB alone for example.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
No other option on the Series S, there's no optical drive! ;)

I'd also invest in an external USB HDD for more games storage, as you'll soon fill the internal 512gb HDD, there's actually only 364GB of useable space and Forza Horizon 5 is 109GB alone for example.

Ahhh forgot about that! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks everyone! So I'm off to add;
- the rechargable dock - at least theres a chance to stop them playing for a bit rather than just taking new batteries
- Gamepass console only , good tip 👍
- set it up before and try not to get caught playing Forza 5 :LOL:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I had a 1TB Toshiba Canvio basics on my OG XBox one for years, very reliable.

There's an official 1TB Seagate expansion card for the Series X/S models, which is expensive, but you can still use an external USB3 HDD for games.