ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox steering wheels

PH1 iceburg
Whats everyone using?

Been hard at Forza 3 all afternoon/evening and am considering getting one just wondered what people have.

Dan

182FF with cup packs
I recently bought myself a MS Wireless Wheel. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but the force feedback is really handy, if a little tiring after a long session. (my wrists were actually hurting the other night after a 4 or 5 hour session)

It's designed pretty well, the wheel sperates from the clamp with a single push putton so you could use it on your lap if you wanted.

Word of warning though, even though they call it a wireless wheel, it still has plenty of wires. It's only wireless between the XBOX itself and the wheel, the pedals are connected via a wire, and the wheel itself needs mains power to run the force feedback (and a pair of betteries for the wireless side of it)

CCL have them for £60 a pop at the moment.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I recently bought myself a MS Wireless Wheel. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but the force feedback is really handy, if a little tiring after a long session. (my wrists were actually hurting the other night after a 4 or 5 hour session)

It's designed pretty well, the wheel sperates from the clamp with a single push putton so you could use it on your lap if you wanted.

Word of warning though, even though they call it a wireless wheel, it still has plenty of wires. It's only wireless between the XBOX itself and the wheel, the pedals are connected via a wire, and the wheel itself needs mains power to run the force feedback (and a pair of betteries for the wireless side of it)

CCL have them for £60 a pop at the moment.

PMSL. The usual myth of "wireless".

I bought a sound system that was apparently wireless. Turns out there were more wires than had it not been wireless. The only thing that was wireless was the connection to the main DVD device. Everything else needed wires all over the f*cking room. Needless to say, it was boxed and not used again.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Any time someone says or posts "Needless to say" I always think of Alan Partridge's book Bouncing Back, where he says "Needless to say, I had the last laugh" every other page :p

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I've also been thinking about getting a steering wheel...

Anyone know what the Logitech Drive FX is like?

Seems cheap at around £30 but is it cheap because it's complete crap?

What wheels are other XBox 360 owners using?

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
Anyone with the wheel worked out how to look left and right whenusing the MS Wheel?

I very nearly ordered one staright off the cuff, but since its nearly christmas and I keep buying things the gf wants to buy me for xmas I thought better of it and sent her the link lol.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
that's too cheap to ignore IMO, I'd love a Fanatec one, but they're just too much

Rich how much movement does the wheel have is it 270 degrees as the MS one or can it go 'around' a few times like a car wheel and the G25?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
when I get it I'll let you know, unless I can find out in the mean time

probably be like the MS one at a guess

Titanium 182
Mine just come, f**king epic for £17 bargain ! has a foreign plug but they gave me a free adaptor !

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Mine just come, f**king epic for £17 bargain ! has a foreign plug but they gave me a free adaptor !

the Mrs was out when they called so I got 'the card' and have to go collect it tomorrow as she's working all week :dead:

I knew about the 2 pin euro plug, but also knew it came with the adapter, so not an issue

what's it like???

172 Cup
I got a logitech delivered for £26, I have been very impressed so far.

Get yourself on to Amazon Dan.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
well I finally got mine today and I've just been playing with it

it is 270 degrees, same as the microsoft one, as expected

I'm finding it more difficult than with a pad at the moment, but a lot of this is down to me not being able to get the right driving position and the pedals sliding around on the laminate flooring, so I need to get this sorted

seems like a decent bit of kit though and for the money you can't go wrong

Titanium 182
As above use the thread on the forza forums to set up the wheel feels ten times better, You have to be quite gentle with the wheel but then again you would be gentle with a real car wheel at speed, after a bit of practice I'm hitting 7:58 laptimes on the ring in my lambo :D (That's good for me) find it better than a pad now and I like the flappy paddle button gear change things I drive in manual mode now :eek:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
yeah, I found the settings on the Forza forum, tweaked mine to suit my own personal preferences, btu it's way better than the gash default settings

Just got hold of one of these wheels myself.

Might sound daft but its only meant to be a half turn lock-to-lock isnt it?

had heard mention it was 270 degrees, but i can only get mine to turn the standard quarter turn to reach lock in any direction from dead-ahead.

-
Might have to give this a go. been dying to get a wheel for forza.

Can anyone compare it to the g25 for the ps3?